• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Pic a day....

Will Focus

TalkEmount Regular
Such a somber day here in America. Nearly 3,000 people died and it forever changed some of our culture, way of life, and interaction with the rest of the world. May we never forget.
half mast (2).JPG
ILCE-7RM2    24-70mm F2.8 DG DN | Art 019    24mm    f/2.8    1/500s    ISO 200

Will Focus

TalkEmount Regular
beer career 3.JPG
ILCE-7RM2    24-70mm F2.8 DG DN | Art 019    70mm    f/2.8    1/4000s    ISO 200

I knew I would find my special purpose if I waited long enough.

Clix Pix

TalkEmount Veteran
8 miles from the Tysons (Virginia) Apple Store
How are you liking that new camera Clix Pix?
Can we get a review of it in another thread?

I am loving the A1 -- just a fantastic camera! I am more than happy with it. Well, I'll see about writing a review..... I will say that in the beginning I was nervous about having just spent so much money on the A1, already having a perfectly wonderful A7R IV, but I am very, very glad that I did take the plunge. I like the new menu system, too, now that I'm more accustomed to it, and I'm still having to remind myself to keep a light, delicate touch on the shutter release when in Continuous High as this thing goes like crazy in nothing flat -- wow!! So far haven't had any good opportunities for a BIF -- did almost one time, but just got his rear as he was flying off so nothing exciting or worth sharing. One of these days, though.....

TedG954

Super Moderator
Real Name
Ted Gersdorf
View attachment 116757
I haven't been able to spend nearly enough time out on the back deck this summer. Maybe I'll have to extend gin & tonic season into the fall a bit.

Have you tried Fever-Tree Tonic? I first experienced it in London. If you are a G&T fan, this is the best tonic I've ever had.
With your drink being 80% tonic, it makes sense that the quality of the tonic will impact the taste. Try it. You'll like it.

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Have you tried Fever-Tree Tonic? I first experienced it in London. If you are a G&T fan, this is the best tonic I've ever had.
With your drink being 80% tonic, it makes sense that the quality of the tonic will impact the taste. Try it. You'll like it.
Pfff! I’ve been drinking Fever Tree for years now, Ted! It’s made with real sugar (and quinine), not like the foul, corn-syrup based swill (I’m looking at you, Canada Dry & Schweppes!) you usually get in bars. And 80% tonic? :laugh: You’re funny!

I’ve also found a new (to me) gin that just might supplant my all-time favorite (Bombay Sapphire): Broker‘s London Dry gin. If you’re a gin fan, you may want to give it a try.

fractal

Super Moderator
Real Name
Chris
Touchdown!
DSC09833-X4.jpg
ILCE-7RM2    FE 85mm F1.8    85mm    f/2.8    1/2000s    ISO 100

Last edited:

Brownie

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Tim
I'm going to sneak this one in here, hope you guys don't mind (I won't make it a habit!)

This and the locomotive photo I posted were made at a recent event. I am currently wading through about 1200 photos from that day.

It was as if these two posed for me in front if their Model A, the building and trees framing the shot nicely, and the background lending credibility. Sometimes it better to be lucky than good!

A massive departure from my normal stuff.

"In the good Old Summertime"
51469441361_ca93e695d4_b.jpg
   ---            
P1075238 by telecast, on Flickr

TedG954

Super Moderator
Real Name
Ted Gersdorf
I wanted to sleep-in but kept thinking once in a lifetime, once in a lifetime.

Grand Canyon   44.jpg
ILCE-7RM3    FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS    24mm    f/4.0    1/160s    ISO 100

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I wanted to sleep-in but kept thinking once in a lifetime, once in a lifetime.

View attachment 116768
I, for one, am glad you got out of bed, Ted. Hope you feel the same now. Thanks for sharing, beautiful picture.

Latest threads

Top Bottom