• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Pic a day....

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Veteran
No doubt many of you have read about all the wildfires raging out here in the western US. My home town of Ashland, Oregon has largely escaped the fires (so far), but not the oppressive smoke. ...

Wow, such a beautiful place... normally :eek:. Wishing you all well that live in that part of the world. It must be terrifying.

orlcam88

TalkEmount Veteran
AlleyPondPark_Sep 06 2020_--_49.jpg

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
No doubt many of you have read about all the wildfires raging out here in the western US. My home town of Ashland, Oregon has largely escaped the fires (so far), but not the oppressive smoke. As I type this, the PM2.5 air quality measurement stands at 429, which is more than halfway into the "Hazardous" zone. And the two towns just to the north of us, Talent and Phoenix, have been pretty much wiped off the map. More than 600 homes are gone, and 100 businesses. Right now there's no end in sight. There's no rain the forecast, and we might be in this until October. I cannot wait for 2020 to be over.

View attachment 112178View attachment 112179
Yikes and be safe

Ziggy99

TalkEmount Veteran
This Cooper's Hawk was sitting on my next door neighbor's fence. I want to get closer, but I didn't want my neighbor to think I was an odd. One of the eyes on this hawk isn't right. I don't know if something happened to it or if it's old age? Picture 2 shows what I'm talking about.

View attachment 112183View attachment 112184
It's blinking. That's its nictitating membrane. It's a translucent 3rd eyelid.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nic...rom Latin,moisten it while maintaining vision.

Clix Pix

TalkEmount Veteran
8 miles from the Tysons (Virginia) Apple Store
I took the 100-400mm with 1.4x TC out for a little stroll around the boardwalk and we soon spotted Alfred, the resident GBH, standing in the lake trying to find himself some lunch...... I spent some time hanging out with him, taking shots here-and-there, and was rewarded for my patience when he decided it was time to move on and took off, rising into the air..... I'm thrilled, as for once I actually got a decent BIF shot!

Alfred Takes Flight.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom