Pic a day....

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
More just hanging around. Getting too much tablet time but we can only keep her busy so much.
DSC03969.JPG
Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.

sven karma

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
mark evans
Probably the last time I will be going this way for a while:

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Since we are staying home, I'd like to post a link to some camera's down at the beach. I just looked at them and you can see Catalina Island today as well as the oil platforms. Take a look: hbcams.com
Have a good day, I'm off to photograph some quilts...since the link isn't really a link, just type hbcams.com into your browser, no http or www needed.

Last edited:

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
One of today's shots. I think shooting against a grey back ground helped the camera vs the white I usually use.

I actually think this shot has too much yellow in it. Guess I'll have to massage it some. The white should be stark white.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Yup, the styrofoam on the light stand legs is there to protect the floor. For some reason, unknown to me, the light stand legs are just steel square tubing without any end in them, ie plastic plug. The sharp metal would really do a number on the floor. So, I took some packing from a sewing machine (what else?) and adapted it to the ends of the legs. I keep the zip lock bags on them to 'contain' the foam which really sheds a lot. So far it's worked out pretty good. The holes in the foam blocks were just the right size to slip over the tubes too.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Hope this one brings a little color into your screen today.

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
I think it needs a tad bit more sky, David. It almost looks like an ocean shot out there at the horizon.
Like this one better, AOA?

Latest posts

Top Bottom