1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Photo shoot with Hannah in the Los Angeles Art District!

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by JonathanF2, Aug 8, 2018.

1. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    * Cross posted in the Nikon Cafe

I'm back again with another photo shoot! I had the pleasure working with Hannah, a recently signed agency model. I shot everything with the Sony A7III + Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art (F-Mount) + Commlite ENF-E1 Pro AF adapter. The shoot was also done during Golden Hour in 90 degree LA heat! Photos were processed in ACR, minor touch-ups in PS CC and then given a final output treatment in DXO Filmpack 5. Check it out!

30031847558_ee68157ef4_b.
    Photo Shoot with model Hannah Burns - August 5th 2018
    by Jonathan Friolo, on Flickr

28964547637_bc9f1fe049_b.

42092310880_5f8fcbfcb5_b.

42996596915_9cfa50d394_b.

42092352120_16681339a5_b.

42996636525_f28e29c9e5_b.

43901201741_40561d7da5_b.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    I'm a bit of an old fart and don't have a preference for inked ladies....but she has stunning eyes that commands the portrait. Love the clarity of #2, and the red Vespa image.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. hodad66

hodad66 Sony Guru Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Indialantic, Fl
    John
    She has eyes?...... :blush:

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Feb 17, 2015
    I'm with Will here. Never could understand why an otherwise good looking gal would get tattooed.
    The processing does have a very 'film like' look to it. Good job there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. JonathanF2

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    I have a two step process when it it comes to my edit. I first batch process the raws in ACR and then I go through another step through DXO Filmpack which is my finishing process. I usually only use the second step for my model photography, because DXO has very specific micro adjustment sliders for skin and sharpening that Adobe software doesn't have. I could probably skip this step if I actually bothered to learn to DXO editing software, but I'm too lazy! The Filmpack has all of the DXO adjustment sliders but only outputs to jpeg and tiff. So it works better as a final step process.

I actually spent a lot of time customizing this process. It's my own home brew signature look! I'd be so screwed if I lost my image profiles!

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Feb 17, 2015
    I'd like to make some of my car shots look that good, Jon, but I'm too cheap and lazy to get the software and learn how to use it.

7. JonathanF2

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    I'd think car photography is easier. There isn't imperfect blemishes that you need to hide (unless you're shooting rat rods), while not having that over photoshopped look. I highly recommend DXO Filmpack, you can download trial software. It's actually quite easy and they have a bunch of pre-loaded profiles. Pick a few that you like and you can adjust the sliders to your preference. You can even load up your raws and just use their presets. It's very similar to the NIK plugins, but I feel it's much more streamlined.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. JonathanF2

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    Also I want to add, that the A7III eye-AF is the greatest innovation for people photography since sliced bread! I'm waiting to see what Nikon does with their new mirrorless. If it fails to deliver I'm highly considering getting a 2nd A7III and start downsizing my DSLR kit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Excellent shoot! Love the processing and posing.

Her tats are great! Absolutely love girls with tattoos! I’m trying to persuade me wife for her 2nd :D  (and while she’s there I’ll do my 4th :D  )

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Well shot, charming lady

11. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave

Just my 2 cents. I usually prefer a clean lady but I appreciate when tattoos are well thought out as a scene. Just random, uncoordinated tats don't interest me.

12. Don't like it either, but that is how it goes in 2018.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.