Phone Shots you're pleased with

aKilter

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
David
Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.

OnePlus 6T McLaren / These were taken on a walk yesterday, at a nearby University. No students, and the grounds are open for walkers. Thus, it was far less crowded than local Parks(hardly anyone there), and excellent for social distancing.

My wife and I were just going for a walk, so I didn't bring my "proper" camera. However, my phone's camera came to the rescue and my wife didn't even mind.

Jeep Captain

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Jeff
My view while having coffee this morning at our lake house.

Clix Pix

TalkEmount Regular
8 miles from the Tysons (Virginia) Apple Store
The other day I was sitting at the computer and had the sliding glass door open to enjoy the fresh spring air.....suddenly I heard a loud "CAW! CAW!" and looked over, surprised to see a blackbird perching on my deck railing. My camera was sitting on the dining table, but I knew that it would be risky to move too much or too loudly, the bird would fly off, so instead I grabbed the iPhone, which was right near me on the workstation, and s l o w l y stood up, fired off a couple of shots (silencing the phone first) and then ever-so-cautiously moved closer to the door....

Birdie Comes to Call 1.jpg

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
That does look like perhaps a crow, which would also be more likely given Clix's location and normal habitats, but it is difficult to say for certain.

They are similar but different birds. The crow is generally larger than the blackbird, and ravens are also similar, but larger still. I don't mind the blackbirds too much but do not like crows at all. They are obnoxiously loud and tend to be mean to the other birds, who often fly away when a crow shows up near our feeders.

Clix Pix

TalkEmount Regular
I was just glad that although the sliding glass door was open, the screen door was closed so that he wouldn't attempt to fly into my condo unit! Yes, this guy was very loud and probably was a crow, come to think of it.... Whatever he was, it certainly was a surprise! What was funny about it, too, was that just a day or two before that I'd complained that I had difficulty capturing "backyard birds," and that they usually flew away when I got anywhere near them. So here this guy comes, big as life..... LOL!

Clix Pix

TalkEmount Regular
Today's iPhone shot is going in a different direction...... Because of COVID-19 and various restrictions set out by the governor of my state and the powers-that-be in my area (Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, DC) we have not yet begun the process of opening up again, so everyone here is still under the firm "stay-at-home" orders and such. Masks and gloves at the grocery store. Few trips outside the home. Etc., etc......It has been awkward and and took some major adjusting during March and April and earlier this month, but now with the weather becoming really summery it's feeling even more confining. Thoughts and eyes are turning towards the small swimming pool in our condo community, and today I could only gaze wistfully at it though the fence, since unlike other Memorial Day weekends, it is not open.....

Memorial Day Weekend 2020 2.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom