PetaPixel Article: How Sony Created the Most Innovative Camera Brand in Under a Decade

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount News and Rumors' started by ilovehatephotography, May 31, 2014.

1. ilovehatephotography

ilovehatephotography TalkEmount Regular

May 30, 2014
    Los Angeles, CA
    There was a great article today about Sony in PetalPixel. It talks about how Sony was able to acquire a struggling camera company (Konica-Minolta), innovate its way out of the hole, and be on its way of being the top dog.

Coming from someone who switched from Canon to Sony, I really hope the mirrorless and FF mirrorless camera crush Canon into oblivion or at least invigorate it through competition to change its old ways. I was so sick and tired of Canon putting out endless variations on the same product (e.g. 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 61D, 61.5D, 61.2/3D, etc.) with little new to offer. There were the quality L lenses, yes, but nothing new and exciting was ever in the pipeline after the 5D mark II. Then they completely missed the memo on FF mirrorless cameras. If I may make a prediction here. DSLR will be like film cameras within 10-15 years, gone with the wind or a niche segment of the industry. Mirrorless cameras is the next wave.

Here is the article:
    • Like Like x 6
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. pjtan25

pjtan25 TalkEmount Regular

Dec 26, 2011
    Same can be said of Nikon.
    I switched from Nikon D800 to the Sony A7s
    The fact that the E-mount uses Canon and Nikon lenses certainly helps with the migration.

Seems like Nikon just realized that people are using the DSLRs for Video.
    And still no 4k video from Nikon or Canon (other than Canon's $10+ cameras)