Permanent focus peaking pixels on the A7

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by izTheViz, Feb 27, 2014.

1. izTheViz

izTheViz TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
    Just noticed this evening that a small yellow dash has appeared in the EVF and LCD screen when in shooting mode. Trying to understand what it was I figured out that this is due to the focus peaking mode ( have it set on yellow). When turned off, no yellow dash, when turned on a few pixels clearly appear even with lens cap on.

The camera is 1 month old, and this seems to be a defect.
    Had anyone experienced the same before, even on Nex models ?

2. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    Nope not here. But that should be covered under warranty or even a 30 day return policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Mathieu Decodts

Mathieu Decodts TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    check the sensor for a micro fiber of some sort, you will need a good torch, or just use a rocket blower and then see if it is gone. I bet its a white micro fiber on the sensor, worth a check before you send it back for a potentially costly repair(if nothing wrong they might charge you for wasted time!)

4. izTheViz

izTheViz TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
    That's what I though too. It indeed appears when stopped down a little bit. Wide open, nothing.
    The fact is that I've been
    changing lenses quite often those days in exterior and even if I've cleaned the sensor I did it rapidly being not ath home.
    That makes me think that at some point a good zoom is more comfortable. Should have buy the kit lens...
    I'll clean it deeply once back home and see.
    Thanks