Perfect micro case for NEX 3N - Lowepro Dashpoint 20

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Jethro10, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Jethro10

Jethro10 TalkEmount Regular

May 28, 2013
    When I switched from a compact recently, I wanted compact size with SLR performance, the 3N was my perfect compromise.

I've since gathered a few lenses, tripod, filters etc. and have a shoulder bag for it.

however on day trips out, or hand luggage only flights, I wanted a small protective bag.
    the Lowepro Dashpoint 20 seems like it was designed for the NEX3N, infact it only fits in one way round, so snug is the fit.
    Smallest protection you an get for a 3N - I've looked!

2. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I use a Lowepro LP36336 Compact (ILC) Courier 80 for my 5R for hiking trips and other outings where I don't want to carry my full pack. The Lowepro store lists it for $40.00, but I paid slightly more than 1/2 that on Amazon.

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    They make some great cases.
  4. dimitrees

dimitrees New to TalkEmount

Oct 30, 2013
    Thank you for the tip. A quick question: does the camera for in the case with the SEL1650 lens attached?

Edit: I also purchased one. Thanks again for a great recommendation.
  5. Jethro10

Jethro10 TalkEmount Regular

May 28, 2013
    Yes it fits with the lens and cap attached.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using TalkEmount mobile app
    • Like Like x 1
  6. nidza

nidza TalkEmount Regular

Nov 1, 2013
    Good choice. I got one myself. It looks like bag was made exactly for this little toy (with 16-50 attached).
  7. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Love this case. I got it for my EOS-M 22mm kit. Good to know there are also NEX pairings that fit in there.

Also, it makes a great lens pouch. It's a nice fit for a legacy 50mm on an adapter, the SEL24 or both Sigmas (19 & 30) at once! I will very likely get a second one of these cases for those occasions when I'm out roaming with multiple lenses.