1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

People of St. Croix

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by Kendall, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Kendall

Kendall TalkEmount Rookie

Feb 29, 2016
    I've just started shooting a personal project here in the beautiful island of St. Croix. I'll be posting various pictures over time of the people of St. Croix and hopefully be able to tell parts of their stories. I volunteer weekly at a local mission where we run a clothing closet for the homeless and needy. I've gotten to know many of these people very well over the past couple of years. Their stories are often tragic but also beautiful. Hopefully by having the opportunity to share their story with someone they will feel valued. I'll try to post pictures over time as this project progresses. But to start, meet Kenneth.
    Kenneth.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. runnerpsu

runnerpsu TalkEmount Regular

Feb 12, 2016
    South Florida
    I've always felt that St. Croix is the most beautiful island in the Caribbean. I look forward to seeing your work.

Fantastic first post on this endeavor.

3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Great photos and for a great cause! Well done ;)

4. Nexnut

Nexnut TalkEmount Top Veteran

Beautiful shot. Looking forward to seeing some more!

5. Kendall

Feb 29, 2016
    Mr. Christian always makes my Friday Mornings happier. Each week he greets me with a smile and asks me to look for the prettiest shirt I can find for him. Rain or shine, Mr. Christian displays deep joy and patience that causes me to spend time in self-reflection about my attitude. He's a lover of calypso music and an incredible dancer. I feel like I'm just scratching the surface with my knowledge of this man but I hope over time he will continue to share pieces of his story with me.
    Mr Christian.

• Like Like x 9
  6. runnerpsu

runnerpsu TalkEmount Regular

Feb 12, 2016
    South Florida
    What a Blessing knowing him is for you and for us!

7. Pitter

Pitter TalkEmount Veteran

Wonderful portraits. Excellent lighting and exposure.

8. slothead

slothead TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 1, 2015
    Maryland
    Tom
    Great image. Keep 'em coming Kendall.

9. Kendall

Feb 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 8
  10. Kendall

Feb 29, 2016
    DSC04118.
    Robin is one of my favorites each week. Robin moved to St. Croix for the fine weather and for his love of body surfing. He lives in an old 22' sailboat in Christiansted Harbor. Each week he greets me with a smile and always has a wise crack. Though he says his body is getting older is mind is quick and he is full of wit.
    Robin grew up in Southern California and was a high school football star. Over the course of his life he has moved all over the US but St. Croix has been his home longer than anywhere. He loves to play softball, snorkel, catch lobster, and good conversation. His life has had it's ups and downs but Robin has chosen to live life on his terms. I feel blessed to know him.

• Like Like x 8
  11. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Pretty, proud looking lady...all good shots !