• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Showcase Pentax 35mm f/3.5 Super Takumar

eno789

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
DSC02123.jpg
   ---            

I posted this in the https://www.talkemount.com/f18/lobster-shack-california-1348/ thread too. I remember it was shot wide open. The label on the bottle is crystal clear.
DSC02126.jpg
   ---            

DSC02136.jpg
   ---            

DSC02140.jpg
   ---            

DSC02163.jpg
   ---            

DSC02170.jpg
   ---            

Cropped the sky a bit. People watching in the city is fun, I should do that more.
DSC02171.jpg
   ---            

Reactions: WNG

storyteller

TalkEmount Veteran
I have one of these lenses. If I could mount it directly on the NEX it would be perfect size and weight IHMO. Sad that the adapter is almost the same size. The old Takumars have such a great fit and finish to them.

kevistopheles

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I really like this lens. I agree that it is a bit of a shame the adapter is so big but Super Taks feel so good in the hands. I have been wanting to fill out my Super Tak collection for a while now. Hmmm...

WNG

TalkEmount Legend
Real Name
Will
Thread resurrection!
Loved the results posted above from this lens so much, I acquired one. Wasn't cheap, but in great condition.
35mm would be more ideal than a 50mm on the Sony APS-C. So looked forward to shooting with it.
But it hasn't produced as sharp photos when taking landscapes and distant shots.

17260587546_a7cc4794c4_h.jpg
   ---            
vANISHING aMERICANA
by wNG555, on Flickr

Close up portraits are sharp and contrasty and colorful though.

17079096657_a1f6588e26_h.jpg
   ---            
DSC09456_Super Takumar 35 f3.5
by wNG555, on Flickr
17284740702_67b20b8ff1_h.jpg
   ---            
DSC09437a_Super Takumar 35 f3.5
by wNG555, on Flickr

Will need to continue to investigate if it's user error or my copy. Of note, it's the smallest Takumar in the series and looks at home on the NEX/a6000.

Last edited:

storyteller

TalkEmount Veteran
I loved mine when I had it, although it seems a bit redundant if you've got the Sigma 30mm? I found it was very particular about the infinity stop. Worked great with one adapter and not with another. That may be your issue. Lovely color, handling, and of course size!

WNG

TalkEmount Legend
Real Name
Will
I loved mine when I had it, although it seems a bit redundant if you've got the Sigma 30mm? I found it was very particular about the infinity stop. Worked great with one adapter and not with another. That may be your issue. Lovely color, handling, and of course size!

There will always be some FL overlap and redundancy when trying lenses. Too hard to pass up some. I wanted to try out the Takumars. And found them worth building a collection. The modern glass usually outperforms the vintage, but the Sigmas have a colder look compared to the old coatings. Some of them have such nice character and render very appealing results. For example, the SEL5018 was one of my first additions. I didn't need another 50 given its performance. But I have a dozen 50s now. Some are keepers, and I still have more coming in to try.
Discovering those that make you say Wow!, is fun.

Also ran into a situation where the modern lenses failed me. They struggle to focus in low to no ambient light shooting. But I took my native lenses assuming I'll assure myself of success. A prepared manual focus lens was the solution.

I have another M42 adapter I got for long teles, will throw it on that and try again. The Taks are great, even after 40 years.

Last edited:

sven karma

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
mark evans
A couple of shots with newly arrived cheapo 'Selens' tilt/shift adapter

_DSC0216-01.jpeg
ILCE-5100    ----    0mm    f/1.0    1/1600s    ISO 100

_DSC0212-01.jpeg
ILCE-5100    ----    0mm    f/1.0    1/2500s    ISO 100

Latest threads

Top Bottom