1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Penn State U

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by fractal, Oct 16, 2014.

1. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    While visiting the campus of Penn State University there are a few things I discovered; The campus is big, the campus is beautiful, and if you are a fan of ice-cream you must visit the "Creamery".

As you approach the campus, the sight of a large football stadium rising from the hills and farmlands seems surreal.

DSC02307-XL.

the Nittany Lion mascot is prominent on campus, as these sculptured paws in front of the art museum will attest.

DSC02310-XL.

It seemed with every turn one found another example of impressive architecture.

DSC02313-XL.

The color of this building was an interesting "pale green" but it was the curves that caught my eye.

DSC02311-XL.

Did not have my tripod so I placed the camera on the edge of the fountain using my car keys under the lens to shoot up into the sun. I wish I could have kept the exposure open a bit more but I also didn't have an ND filter to help me.

DSC02317-XL.

This building made you feel like it was the year 2050. The photo doesn't do it justice as it's more impressive in person.

DSC02321-XL.

It was a beautiful Fall day and I enjoyed the contrast between old and new.

psuhdr-XL.

Nittany flowers. The heads on the columns in the background are those of lions.

DSC02332-XL.

Impressive Theater.

DSC02341-XL.

A couple shots of Old Main...

DSC02344-XL.

DSC02347-XL.

and the field in front...

DSC02350-XL.

A Veterans memorial. The Greek is the Spartan saying " With it ( your shield ) or on it.

DSC02355-XL.

More contrast.

DSC02360-XL.

There was so much more to shoot but I ran short of time. I don't have an acceptable photo, but If you do happen to find yourself at PSU and in the Berkey Creamery and don't know what flavor ice-cream to try I highly recommend the "alumni swirl".

All of these photos were taken with the NEX-7 + Sony Zeiss 24mm 1.8.

• Like Like x 5
  2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Lots of good coverage there !

• Like Like x 1
  3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick