Penn State Football

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by fractal, Sep 27, 2015.

1. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    Went to the Penn State vs. San Diego State Football Game yesterday. Had to bring the camera and a few lenses but I forgot the adapter for my Minolta Maxxum 200mm 2.8 :shakehead: so that had to stay in the car. These were taken with my venerable NEX-7 and the Zony 24mm 1.8 or the Rokinon 8mm 2.8.

We arrived early (9:30 am for a 3:30 game) but the diehards were already there.

DSC08811-X2.

After attending a swimming event and grabbing lunch we made our way to the stadium.

Follow the crowd.

DSC08823-XL.

Getting closer.

DSC08827-X2.

In the stadium

DSC08843-X2.

DSC08842-X2.

Our seats were corner of North Endzone. Not bad.

DSC08847-X2.

DSC08849-X2.

I decided I was going to spend half-time going "up top" at the 50 yard line for a few shots with the fisheye.

I made it!

DSC08854-X3.

DSC08855-X2.

A couple on the way down...

DSC08860-X2.

DSC08859-X2.

It was a close game until halfway through the 3rd quarter when PSU started to pull away. By 8 minutes left in the game the Nittany Lions led by 16 which allowed us to head out early and make it home by a reasonable hour.

Bags, including camera bags are not allowed in the stadium. I was easily able to carry my NEX-7 plus those 2 lenses without any issue despite cramped seating. It continues to amaze me how compact this system can be.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Like the high altitude fisheye!

• Like Like x 1
  3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Beautiful! Especially the fisheye shots!

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Excellent series!

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Neat stuff. ☺

6. fractal

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    Thanks @roundball@roundball Are you getting ready for the Full, Blood, Lunar, Super-duper moon tonight?

7. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    The Good News:
    I've had a detailed location / shoot plan in place for 2-3 weeks;
    The Bad News:
    Unless there's a miracle, the remaining day or so of Tropical Storm Ericka will continue to have it completely covered up with clouds & showers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fractal

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    The clouds here are also being stubborn, which has been the case for every celestial event for the last year or so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Honestly...its frustrating the number of monthly moon shoots I've had to scrub due to bad WX.
    Just one example:
    There is only one day in some of the months...that the moon rise coincides with the 30 minute window of twilight from the sun that has just set, making the horizon & foliage visible as the moon rises up into view, has a darker color, etc.
    This is the 9th month of the year and I have only been able to try and shoot that situation 1 time so far this year...couple conflicts of mine and the rest due to inclement WX hitting those particular days !
    [ rant over ]
    :)