1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

peace rose buds

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Bimjo, May 16, 2012.

1. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    For those of you who might be wondering if the Sony SEL 55-210 lens is worth buying I present the following:

peace_rose120516_05.

peace_rose120516_02.

peace_rose120516_06.

These were shot off a tripod, sitting on some boxes to get high enough to get the right angle, and through the window in my home office. All three shots are full frame.

2. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    Congratulations mate, you make some amazing photos with these lenses, I would like to be at my home in Mexico and traveling through the mountains and shoot the birds, orchids, flowers and many of the rivers, in short, vegetation in general, I think I have a good team with my nex vs the world.

3. Bolampau

Bolampau TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Hi Bimjo,
    very impressive shots, the colours are beautiful.

I've ordered the 55-210 lens but gotta wait for it to come into stock :(

Cheers,
    Paul

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Very nice work, especially through a window.

5. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Thanks guys. I love shooting in the shade of the house, but shooting through the window to do it is a first for me.

Freddy, I'd like to go with you to those places.

Paul, I hope the wait isn't too long for you.

Dave- the good news (according to my wife) is with these roses growing up above the window sill the window is actually clean for the first time in recent memory, ;)

6. Electric Shepherd

Electric Shepherd TalkEmount Regular

May 12, 2012
    Leicestershire, U.K.
    Ben
    Wasn't considering buying one before, but I might now! Lovely sharpness and it looks like the bokeh might be pretty decent too. What was the distance to the subject roughly?

7. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    These were shot just outside the minimum focus distance, so just over 1 meter. It's always a tough decision- which lens(es) to buy. Both the 55-210 and the 18-55 are relatively inexpensive lenses. Common internet wisdom says you can't get good, sharp pictures with such slow inexpensive lenses. I beg to differ. ;)

8. JimR

JimR TalkEmount Regular

Mar 28, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Jim
    Great lens and even greater shots. Thanks for posting.

9. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    l agree mate