• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

pastel evening clouds

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Taken this evening from the front yard, literally minutes before the in-cloud lightning started. NEX 5N/kit lens.

NEX-5N    E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    19mm    f/9.0    1/15s    ISO 100

NEX-5N    E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    19mm    f/9.0    1/25s    ISO 100

NEX-5N    E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    40mm    f/9.0    1/10s    ISO 100

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, 2nd one for me too.

Where are the lightning shots? (just kidding) :eek:
Well, see, it's like this- Bimjo = chicken. FLASH! - 2 second delay - BOOM! Little too close for me to be standing in the rain with a camera on a metal tripod. Though lightning is one of the things that I have yet to manage. Happens so seldom around here and it's either miles & miles away or right on top of me like last night. Someday… ;)

Quite serene and a bit surreal.
Very much so considering what came 15 minutes later. :)

JimR

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Jim
Some of the most surreal colors are in the sky just minutes from an evening storm. I too like the 2nd one best.

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
#2 for me as well, though I wish the house and telephone pole weren't in the frame
I may go back and clone them out, haven't decided yet.

Some of the most surreal colors are in the sky just minutes from an evening storm. I too like the 2nd one best.
Yeah that's true. For some reason the third one seems a bit OOF. Had it been in focus it might be the keeper of the bunch. Maybe I'll play with it some more.

Beautiful storm clouds. Now get inside quick.
I did. ;)

You want him to get inside a storm cloud, he'd need to drink red bull to do that.!
Take more than one I think. :cool:

Thanks for looking guys. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom