• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Panasonic ZS100 Shutter Lag

Jeep Captain

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Jeff
On somewhat of a whim, a couple weeks ago, I bought a Panasonic ZS100 pocket sized P&S camera. I wanted something that wouldn't be a problem getting into concerts (non-removeable lens) and would not be a PITA to carry around. I tried shooting a few shots of our 8 month old granddaughter last night. The shutter lag was hit or miss. By that, I mean sometimes I'd press the shutter button 1/2 way to grab the focus and hold it there until I was ready to shoot but it wouldn't shoot. I'd have to release the button then refocus and keep pressing to trip the shutter. Other times, It worked as I wanted. If I just turned the camera on, composed my shot then pressed the button through the 1/2 way point directly to the release position, it would work every time but not all were in focus. Not acceptable for me. I really wanted to like this P&S camera but after last night, I made the decision to send it back to Amazon.

• Informative
Reactions: WNG

Latest threads

Top Bottom