Showcase Panagor 135mm/2.8

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by xXx1, Sep 1, 2013.

1. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    When I ordered Panagor 90mm macro I ordered some cheap lenses too. This is one of them. Paid 20 Euro for it.

First the worst point, CA wide open in bad lightning:
    That is 100% crop, image is fairly usable scaled down. I think put have not tested that CA can be removed in post prosessing.

Resolution is fine wide open:
    100% crop

Flowers wide open:
    25% scale

Same flowers at aperture 5.6
    25% scale

And intended use (5.6):

I think that this lens performs pretty well. It is mechanically very good, I can use one finger to focus it. My copy is in very good condition. Like new. Only minus is minimum focus distance of 1.3 m.
  2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Ad Dieleman
    That doesn't look too bad to me. In Lightroom this amount of purple fringing can probably be eliminated and sharpness seems OK if a little bit low-contrast, but still useable. A minimum focus distance of 1.3m is even a bit better than the 1.5m that was customary in those days for a 135mm.
  3. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    My father, aperture 5.6, flash with lambency diffuser.

Overall, I am pretty happy with this lens. It is mechanically excellent and sharp enough. Contrast is just a bit low but easy to correct. I will try to do something to the purple fringing with free tools (having troubles with LensFun library).
    • Like Like x 1