1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Owners name, watermark, copyright, sort of image labeling

Discussion in 'Post-Production' started by roundball, Jan 25, 2016.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Does anyone know of any quick & simple way to add a name to an image?
    ( and yes, I'm aware people can steal an image and then simply crop off a name )

I know I can do it in Lightroom but almost never use Lightroom and it seems a bit much to cycle images through Lightroom just to add some sort of ownership name.

Wondering if there might be some simple / quicker way ?

2. Mus Aziz

Mus Aziz TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2015
    Mus
    i normally add the name in Photoshop, using the brush tool. Create a new file and use the text tool (with font and font size of your liking) to write the name (or anything really), making sure background is set to transparent. Save the written text under Edit > Define Brush Preset. Then also under Edit> Preset Manager, Preset Type - Brushes.

When you want to paste the Name, just use the brush tool. Your saved Name will be in the brushes palette, and the font size can be changed the same way you change the brush size.

Hope that helps.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Lightroom does the job just fine...was just hoping there might be some newer / better / quicker way of superimposing a name on an image real quick...like a feature that I wish was in an operating system like Windows and/or MS Office...where I store all my images to begin with...and not have to bother opening a whole post processing piece of software, import an image to it, add the WM, then export it back out, etc.

But you've given me an idea... embedded in Windows is a little software app called 'Paint'...I'll dig around and see if I can use a text box from it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Faststone Image Viewer (free download) has a watermark feature.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Thanks AD...yes, have both Faststone & GIMP installed and looked through them last night...found that they both have the WM feature...planning to dig in deeper and get a feel for their ease of use, etc.