1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Our Minimoon...

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by José De Bardi, Apr 17, 2014.

1. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    Hey All!

So I've been absent for a few days, primarily due to getting married and then a few days away hanging with the new Wife!

Of course the Nex came with so thought I'd share with you the WONDERFUL time we had :)
    We've been SUPER lucky with the weather both for the wedding on Saturday and the following days, it's made for some lovely memories which I hope I have captured in these pics. The whole trip was a surprise to her (I even named the locations in the car Sat Nav as 'Sunday', 'Monday', 'Tuesday' etc so she couldn't guess where we going until we got there!
    It's entitled 'Minimoon' as we are doing our Honeymoon proper in the Summer.

Firstly, some from The National Motor Museum and Gardens at Beaulieu, New Forest, UK. This place is FANTASTIC! It seems pricey (£20 a head) but seriously is worth it, we spent the whole day here and loved it! I've not included the myriad of pics I took of the many cars and in the on site World of Top Gear - I may do a separate thread for that if anyone is interested!?
    DSC02255_zps0f75246d.

DSC02257_zps5b0ae090.

DSC02263_zpsa626bd2f.

DSC02269_zpsc95596ca.

DSC02352_zps1dda06c4.

This was taken from the top deck of the lovely old bus seen in the shot after... This particular tree seemed interesting to me!
    DSC02312_zps48bfabf4.

DSC02354_zps4799ab21.

And this from the monorail seen in the shot after which gives a fantastic 10 min run around the grounds with a unique perspective (including through the eves of the motor museum!)...
    DSC02336_zpsd30d8a6a.

DSC02375_zps4992ac1b.

These next 3 are an statement of 'Sometimes HDR is the way'
    DSC02285_zpsfe2d0f5a.

DSC02291_zps26d841ef.

DSC02297_zpsc4d922b6.

There are some ruins of an ancient abbey in the grounds which were pretty cool
    DSC02357_zpsb35dae9c.

DSC02369_zps43bd7334.

Another HDR one
    DSC02367_zps2ddf0bec.

So these next couple of pics were taken from the garden of the second B&B we stayed at, the first image is a composite of 2 shots (but with correct relative size/placement) of the Moon and Mars, taken at full stretch on the SEL55210. On 14th April Mars was SUPER bright, I didn't know this ahead of time and actually just noticed on our drive home and so whipped out to the garden before calling it a night, upon post Googlage it turns out it's the best it's been in 6 years!
    DSC02385_zpsfb531c94.

And while I was out there, I couldn't help switch to the SEL16F28 for this crazy shot I call, 'Is that pear mooning me!?'
    DSC02412_zps78423270.

So the next morning we spent in Salisbury, which was lovely, again the cathedral getting the HDR treatment.
    DSC02428_zps4c3c9a4b.

This shot was taken from inside the hood of the old camera that follows it, one for the nostalgic photographers among you - upside of course!
    DSC02430_zpsd7576a19.

DSC02432_zpscde903f9.

The camera was in this old house built for a Prime Minister just across the courtyard from the cathedral.
    DSC02433_zps5613beda.

Later that day, making use of our picnic rucksack wedding present :)
    DSC02439_zpsf0bd0e80.

This one is from my iPhone5, but wanted to share the New Forest landscape. One of the most bizarre places I have been walking, as it alternates from impassible swamp to dusty scrubland every few yards, your gaze being occasionally averted from your footing to look at the friendly donkeys and cows!
    IMG_0891_zpsef2af6a6.

3rd day we spent the morning in Winchester and visited the Old Mill, made for some cool machinery shots and it has a lovely garden sat between 2 spurs of the river that drive the still working water wheel.
    DSC02441_zpsf283ae1d.

DSC02447_zps470f1846.

DSC02463_zps952e6de8.

DSC02471_zpsb845971b.

DSC02475_zps00ffe5c4.

After that we went for (another) picnic in the South Downs at Hinton Ampner House and Gardens...
    DSC02487_zpsec17573b.

DSC02491_zpsfd35df72.

DSC02493_zps1bb5ef6e.

DSC02496_zps1f9329ff.

And finally a selfie of us looking across from Gosport at the Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth. I surprised my Wife (love being able to say this!) by visiting her elderly Aunt and Uncle who were sadly the only family who could not make it to the wedding due to ill health. It was a surprise to them as well and a lovely afternoon spent sharing our stories and pictures of our big day :)
    DSC02502_zps2a856d6d.

And I guess it wouldn't be right to sign off without a picture of us on the wedding day (of course not on a Nex, but taken by one of our pro tog's on his Nikon). The hotel we held the wedding at was one road back from the beach, so given the weather it was rude not to pop down for a few snaps!
    Beach_zps5c489b51.

I've not included much info on lens used etc, just ask if you are interested, I used all sorts from those in my sig.

Hope you all enjoy :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Congrats on getting hitched! By far the best thing I ever did! And thanks for taking us along for, um, some of it. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Some awesome stuff here for sure. Congrats on the nuptials! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Agreed, but that's no excuse for not checking in at least once a day. :p

What a charming place and some great shots.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Congrats on the wedding!!!
    Also, thats a nice set of photos - thanks for sharing ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Also congrats from me and you seem to have had a wonderful time. I really enjoyed the pics; if I show them to my wife, we're off to England I'm afraid...

• Like Like x 1
  7. José De Bardi

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    Thanks everyone! Really was an amazing day, without doubt the best of my life! And the week that followed was an almighty cherry on top. Glad you all enjoyed the pics :)

P.S. Just caved and despite the empty pockets thanks to wedding expenses, bought an A6000 with kit 16-50 today so will be posting lots on the forum over the next few days/weeks no doubt asking a few existing owners for advice!
    The decision was driven primarily by the fact I'm shooting a friends wedding on Thurs and I've been getting more and more worried about how my 5 would do with catching candid moments in lowish light - after this evenings play I need not worry!!
    I'm shooting another friends second child's Christening on Sunday (I was asked only whilst en route to buy the A6000 ironically!) so will be a good test session - will post results in due course!

P.P.S. That was a rather long P.S. in hindsight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. rdfisch

rdfisch TalkEmount Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Rick
    Congratulations ! I definitely enjoyed the quick trip across the pond you've provided. I would love to see a thread on the subjects inside the motor museum. My soft spot is Jaguars if you caught any.

9. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Good luck on the sheets.

I would be way too nervous to shoot such important moments professionaly.

10. José De Bardi

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    I am bricking it about the wedding, despite doing it virtually for free and under no pretence of being pro! I'm hoping my practice shoots on a few friends families will hold me in good stead, they've all LOVED what I did despite me not being too sure on the results - but then one is always most critical of their own work I suppose!

11. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    My Mom had a friend who had her wedding shot by a "professional" photographer friend.

Unfortunately the friend exposed two roles of film and 48 pictures were lost.

12. José De Bardi

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    Well thank The Lord digital photography arrived!
    (As he deletes the multiple exposure app just in case!)

• Like Like x 1
  13. José De Bardi

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    Here you go... Cars @ Beaulieu Motor Museum and Top Gear World

There are 2 Jaaaaaaaags (that's how you say it over here!). One that has been "Top Gear'd", but also a beautiful E Type at the end from above. Enjoy :)