Ordered NEX-5N + Sigma 30mm

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Manu-4Vendetta, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Manu-4Vendetta

Manu-4Vendetta TalkEmount Regular

Apr 7, 2013
    Dominican Republic
    Emmanuel Peña
    Yes. Now Im waiting. :biggrin:

NEX-5N (U$325) + Sigma 30mm 2.8 (U$95) both used.

Questions:

- What card recommend; SanDisk class 10, Transcend class 10 or any card SDHC?

- Chinese battery are reliable? In the case of the GH2 I have read of some that have been damaged, but dont know how behave with the NEX.

Thanks

2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Either a SanDisk Extreme 45 MB/s or a Sony 94 MB/s UHS-I SD card. Both are more than fast enough for the NEX. While the Sony card is much faster in sequential writing and reading, it's not that much faster at random access and not as sturdy as the SanDisk Extreme series, but both are good cards anyways.

And yep, cheap batteries are okay, but they don't have as much power as the original one and the capacity goes down rapidly (a year after I purchased mine it has only about 80% of the original capacity, which is about 60% of a one year old Sony battery).

3. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    I use Transcend class 10 with no problem.

Also there is no problem with Chinese batteries as long as you buy the latest chipped ones. Earlier ones that work with nex-5 didn't work with nex-5n. Then I had to buy new batteries, and those are OK with nex-6 also.

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    And waiting is the hard part.

5. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Of course they work, but clearing the buffer, making the just taken image enlargeable and deleteable as well as importing the images to the computer is much faster woth UHS-I class cards, which aren't more expensive anyways.

6. Manu-4Vendetta

Apr 7, 2013
    Dominican Republic
    Emmanuel Peña
    Thanks people.

Which battery to buy?, One says 7.4V 080mAh and other 7.2V 1500mAh, I confused these differences and that both are on the same team.

I read some NEX-5N can not afford to work with some.

Battery for Sony NP FW50 Alpha NEX 5 NEX 3 NEX 5c NEX 3c NEX 5N NEX 7 1500mAh | eBay

NP FW50 NPFW50 Li ion Battery for Sony Alpha NEX 5CK NEX 5D NEX 5c NEX 5N | eBay

NP FW50 New Battery for Sony Alpha NEX 5N NEX 7 NEX 5c NEX 3c NEX F3 A55 | eBay

TS940x940~1743159.

Yes, yes. :D

7. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    Come on my friend, you have to try again on ebay, you can find other generic for a few bucks, a good price, in fact I have 4 batteries, 3 from Sony and one generic from china, cost me around $ 15, and to be honest it works perfect in my two NEX.

8. Manu-4Vendetta

Apr 7, 2013
    Dominican Republic
    Emmanuel Peña
    I was searching at ebay, but advise me what model exactly or upload the replace model or put a link of the model compatible.

9. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 TalkEmount Regular

Mar 23, 2013
    I've been using SanDisk cards for years and years and years of both professional and personal photography...never had one fail on me!

I also have a single Transcend card (bought it because I ran out of card space on a trip and it was the only one available), it's also been flawless. If you can afford it, though...go for the Sandisk!