Orchid

Discussion in 'Nature' started by AlwaysOnAuto, Feb 11, 2017.

1. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 17, 2015
    Just practicing taking pictures with the Nex-7 and Micro Nikkor 55 2.8.

DSC05837.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  2. JMM

JMM TalkEmount Regular

Jul 29, 2016
    John
    Personally i try to avoid unnatural objects in the frame. Here i can see doors and hair clip. I think if background was uniform green/blue or some fake grass it would look better. Also i think you stopped down too much, what was the aperture?

3. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    A beauty! I have this macro lens too and find it not only good at macro, but as an all-rounder fifty. Surprised me how good a landscape shot can be.
    I think the shot is fine given the indoor nature of the subject. As is the subdued mood of the setting of indoor lighting.
    BTW, I noticed the little hair clips in the other shot. Clever idea as supports for the stems!

4. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 17, 2015
    John and Will - Thanks for the input. The clips are used by the florists to hold the plant stems up on the stakes they put in the arrangements. The background is unnatural since it was taken in the house, as Will noted.
    I think the aperture was f8 if I haven't moved the aperture ring since taking the picture. I don't think I have. I did that because I wanted a good DoF so more of the flower would be in focus.

• Like Like x 1