Open garden day

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Bugleone, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Bugleone

Bugleone TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 21, 2011
    I don't get much chance to use the NEX at the moment apart from 'notebook' shots of machines and parts of machines etc However, this past weekend I was able to spend an hour or two at the 'open gardens' event of a small village here in South East England. On one weekend in the year this village (where some of my friends live) persuades it's inhabitants to throw open their gardens for all visitors to come and look around,..the modest entry fee going to charity. Some of the gardeners are keen amatuers with immaculately trimmed lawns and hedges, but these don't interest me. The ones I much prefer are where the owners are not really keen gardeners and have to be persuaded to open. These are the really interesting English cottage gardens where you can see the most amazing things and where the atmosphere is rich in past history. Here are a few scenes,...some from gardens that have been cultivated for at least 600 years and probably much more as this village goes back beyond the Saxon era.......

DSC00724-001_zps639cc3d7.

DSC00720_zpsc5c36171.

DSC00725_zps30a3f382.

DSC00726_zpsb2cfb4ac.

DSC00722_zps44a0e3f3.

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Love the "bench in a hedge" and that siding is really cool. :)

3. Hot Texas

Hot Texas TalkEmount Rookie

May 30, 2013
    Good Job!!! Enjoyed these!!!