1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Oops, howdy from NZ

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by macro, Sep 7, 2013.

1. macro

macro TalkEmount Regular

Feb 3, 2012
    New Zealand
    Danny Young
    Sorry folks, just catching up here and should have popped in way earlier than this.

Danny is the name this end from New Zealand. Spent 43 years of macro only and then needed a change (yeah took awhile to catch on :)) so switched to the opposite end of the spectrum for a full new challenge with birds and BIF shots.

Only thing the two subjects have in common is the lack of DOF and the stubborn idiot behind the camera. :) Always used MF lenses just to make things more of a challenge, gluten for punishment for sure, LOL.

All the best folks from here.

Danny.

2. markoneswift

markoneswift TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Hi Danny, just wanted to say thanks for the help and advice you've offered me so far. It seems we Newzealanders are taking over, although I'm not a born and bred Kiwi like yourself. NZ is certainly providing some great photo opportunites for far and I'm looking forward to shooting all kinds of stuff through the summer such as 'balloons over the Waikato', powerboat racing, the "Brits at the Beach" weekend at Whangamata, drag racing and all the other cool stuff that goes on here ! Cheers, Justin.

3. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Welcome, Danny! And as I like to say after these introductions: post some pictures, or you don't exist.

Oh... Wait... ;)

4. macro

macro TalkEmount Regular

Feb 3, 2012
    New Zealand
    Danny Young
    Heck no, I don't take photos mate. Its all a bluff and don't really own a camera at all !! ;)

5. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    We can never see a camera under all that lens anyway.