1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

onOne Perfect Effects 9.5 for free!

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by addieleman, May 3, 2015.

1. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    See the dpreview link. Secured my own free copy some hours ago, didn't play with it yet.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. izTheViz

izTheViz TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
    thanks ! will give it a try

3. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Thanks for the news, Ad!

4. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Can anyone confirm whether this actually is the full version and not a slimmed down one like the usually do with their "free" versions? I already got my key, but didn't have the time to try it out yet.

5. Tabibito

Tabibito TalkEmount Regular

Apr 1, 2013
    Thanks for the info. Gonna get it right away.

6. izTheViz

izTheViz TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
    Looks to be the full version

7. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    The onOne people have tried to tempt me to buy the full suite, latest offer is $79 lasting for three days which is $70 off, expiring today. Before that they offered a 10 % and a 15 % discount. The last offer is tempting enough to have me look into their other products but I really don't see the point: Perfect Layers is nice but I can do that in Photoshop and the rest I don't really care for.

8. Jazzer

Jazzer TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    New York
    Larry
    I got a similar offer because I downloaded Perfect Browse for free. I was very tempted because I really wanted Perfect Effects and missed the offer you posted and I don't really know how to use Photoshop yet. Then I found another link to a free offer for Perfect Effects, downloaded that, and decided I would hold off on the whole suite for now. I have no doubt when PPS 10 is released there will be similar enticements and maybe by then I will know if there is actually some gap I am trying to fill and will have learned how to use the many products that I already have! ;)

Did you buy it or decide to hold your wallet?

9. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Nope, didn't buy it and the offer has expired by now. Perfect Effects is really the only one of the programs that interests me; I have used it a few times with pleasing results.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jazzer

Jazzer TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    New York
    Larry
    I just clicked on the link they sent me for the $79 offer and ... "surprise" ... they extended the offer to May 18. Marketing, lol. Still, I feel the same as you. Perfect Effects was the thing I was interested in and now I have both that and Perfect Browse, so I don't see much point in spending the money.

11. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Haha, same here! Won't bite though...

• Like Like x 1
  12. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Just reading this thread, I Googled it and Perfect Effects 9.5 is still available as a Free download...just downloaded and installed it.
    Thanks again for the heads up on good software AD...still loving PIE, use it every day.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  13. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Just tried it on an existing photo...its so simple to use its ridiculous.
    Applied the "Color Pop" selection to a recent shot of a Tufted Titmouse that I took and I thought it made an improvement to it...here are Before & After comparisons:

JPEG AFTER A COUPLE MINOR TWEAKS FROM LIGHTROOM

THEN hit it with the COLOR POP choice from PERFECT EFFECTS

14. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Thought I'd share this additional example out of PERFECT EFFECTS.
    It’s a JPEG from a Canon FDn 400/4.5 on NEX-7.
    As I recall I originally ran it through Lightroom to tweak 'Clarity' and add a watermark.

Last night I ran it through the newly downloaded free copy of PERFECT EFFECTS...and simply hit it with their COLOR ENHANCE feature...(not what they call their Color-Pop effect)...and was very pleased with the Before & After result.

I definitely get a few simple / basic benefits running JPEGs through Lightroom, but with this new PERFECT EFFECTS package added to the mix, I can already see simple, quick, additional benefits to JPEGs from PERFECT EFFECTS...looking forward to experimenting with some additional photos.

15. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Same experience here, the dynamic contrast enhancer and color enhancer seem most useful to me so far. In the videos presented on the onOne site almost all photographers apply these effects as well. The fact that I often end up with a 0.5 GB file to obtain these improvements, is a definite disadvantage IMHO.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    I also noticed a little change...nothing like a half GB...the saved copy of the Color Enhanced photo got larger...specifically 600kb to 1000kb.

17. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I saved them as PSD files and then I get files of at least 200 MB, sometimes over 500 MB.

18. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Yeah, that's a big bump...mine are JPEGs and nothing that large.
    Just tried a couple more and so far, a rough rule of thumb seems to be that the PE output copy is approximately double the size of the original input. (JPEGs)
    IE: One went in at about 750kb, copy output was 1425kb...still not huge at all.