1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

OnOne Perfect Effects 8 samples

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Poki, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Like Colin said in the offer thread, OnOnes Perfect Effects 8 is currently free. So here's the thread for first impressions and samples - add your own! By the way, the software comes with plugins for Lightroom, Photoshop and Aperture.

From me, first one where I simply slapped a preset on.

DSC05568.

DSC05568 (1).

Second, an old portrait just to show the texturizer (which is awesome!) and 'perfect brush', which essentially is like the edge detection in Aperture and allows you not to draw over edges on layer masks. I stacked and customized several effects for that one, worked quite nice.

DSC02759.

DSC02759 (1).

That's just a single effect.

DSC05575.

DSC05575 (1).

Just to show off one of the the color effects.

DSC05586.

DSC05586 (1).

And last but not least again one where I stacked and edited several effects together. You can do quite much with the tools you get in this software. (Who recognizes from where that line comes?)

DSC05589.

DSC05589 (1).

What do you think of the samples? Have you tried the software?

• Like Like x 4
  2. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    Too bad I am stuck with Windows XP 32 bit for a while. Even that runs in a virtual machine with 1 core and 1 GB memory. That copy is reviewed from a backup made several years ago. Seems to produce pretty nice results.

3. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    You can still apply for a free product key so you'll get the software when you upgrade your computer. In a virtual machine? Do you use Linux as main operating system?

4. snkenai

snkenai TalkEmount Regular

Jan 22, 2012
    Campbellsville, Ky
    Stephen Noel
    I downloaded it, but my current machine is running Vista. I have a windows 7 machine coming in a few weeks. Can someone give us that are not familiar with it, a brief description of the main capabilities of onone, in standalone mode.

5. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    Yes, 64 bit Ubuntu. I will probably get a Windows 7 and a SSD drive (that is about 200 Euro) for it later and make a double boot machine. However there are about 6 lenses I am interested in and if Nex 7 price will drop I will get it too (or Nex 6 or A3000 if there will be support for it in Raw Therapee) so that will probably take something like three months as my fun budget is about 600 Euro per month and beer drinking takes some of it too.

I will however download it.

6. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Did the B&W processing in LR and added borders in Perfect Effects.
    i-TdRMMj7-XL.

And another one. This is a JPEG straight from the camera that I only had to crop. Added the border again in Perfect Effects.
    i-W2T2sg5-XL.

7. José De Bardi

José De Bardi Assistant in Virtue

Aug 31, 2013
    Dorset, UK
    José
    You worked out the borders resize issue then?

Nice shots BTW!

• Like Like x 1
  8. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I did. You have the size the picture within the border until it fills the border frame. If the picture is smaller than what the border can contain, you get to see a left-over of earlier sizing actions. A bit disconcerting, but not a problem if you watch out.

• Like Like x 1