Oman Trip

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Noor, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Noor

Noor TalkEmount Regular

Jan 25, 2016
    Noor Arnaout
    These photos were taken at across two trips , the latest just a few weeks back... We camped at 1500m to avoid the scorching summer heat and it was a delightful 22 C up there :)

Our Trusty 2003 Pathfinder with 260,000 Km on the clock !
    30s ISO 2000 , Samyang 12mm F2
    _DSC0153_DxO.jpg
    The road to the Milkyway ! , two exposures 30s and 1 Min @ ISO 2500 , Samyang 12mm F2
    Milkyway Composite.jpg
    Just a bunch of Camels strolling ! Crop from 16-50
    _DSC0139.jpg
    Villagers still living the simple life !! (16-50)
    _DSC0230.jpg

Tiwi Village (SEL24F18) (Old trip)
    _DSC0511.jpg
    HDR of Wadi Shaab (SEL24F18)
    _DSC0505-HDR.jpg

Inside this wadi its a great hike and the scenery is breathtaking , but I cannot take my camera as I wanted to swim in the Wadi(Gorge or valley)

Cheers
    Noor

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 10
  2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Legend

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Like those Milky Way shots !

Just beginning to get into that myself...surprised you didn't get serious 'start-trailing' at exposures that long

• Like Like x 1
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Well done

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  4. Noor

Noor TalkEmount Regular

Jan 25, 2016
    Noor Arnaout
    Thanks !
    I follow the rule of the 600 : maximum exposure without startrailing =600 or (400 for APSC) / focal length

It's a bit subjective but it holds up well for me :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Legend

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Similar here...started out with the '500' rule, and my second trip I went through a testing approach with a couple of 1 second steps on either side of the initial calculation, for each different ISO setting I experimented with, and was able to figure out what gave me pretty decent looking stars with a lens.
    Was trying an Infrared camera both times...next attempts will be with a regular camera.
    Biggest problem I currently have is to find a couple more places out in the country to try, where I'll hopefully have less light pollution.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Great starry night shots! I can't wait to try this myself, but like roundball, I need to escape the light pollution.
    That water does look inviting. Know how that feels....presently stuck in the desert with 116 F temps. (46 C)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Noor

Noor TalkEmount Regular

Jan 25, 2016
    Noor Arnaout
    Thanks ! Astrophotography has become my favorite gerne :)

Yea the it's a beauty inside but it's a long hike and I really had to swim ...

Guess sometimes you have to pick between photography and enjoying the experience :/ some shots taken by others :

http://www.davidgabis.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Wadi-Oman-Tiwi-085.jpg (David Gabis Photography)

https://curiousforqatar.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/wadi-shab.jpg (curious for Qatar blog)

http://ozawapi.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Beautiful-Wadi-Bani-Khalib-Oman-Ozawapi1.jpg (thoughtful eyes blog)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. pbizarro

pbizarro Guest

Good shots, bring back nice memories from when I lived there:)

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.