1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Showcase Olympus Zuiko 28-48mm F/4.0

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by John D., Jun 14, 2014.

1. John D.

John D. TalkEmount Regular

Oct 7, 2013
    This is an interesting lens.. When you can find them, they aren't expensive. Mine was found on FleaBay for $50 and apparently, they are difficult to come by? As well, the very few comments on the various websites are a "mixed - bag"? Some love it - others claim it's soft? Maybe I just got a good sample.

These were taken this morning (14/06/2014) with my NEX 7 and the new Metabones Speed Booster. With the metabones attached, I'm guessing this lens is about 30mm - 50mm, and a perfect walk around lens. It is also very compact and very light. I would have tried this on my Sony A7R - but, my A7R is at the Sony repair facility having a "face lift", so I'll try to update this thread with some from that system when it comes back....

One commentary note is that Olympus Zuiko lenses are renowned for their color rendition. Matched to a Sony sensor - I couldn't agree more! I prefer the OM lenses I have over all the Nikkor lenses in my "stash" (which is pretty extensive)...

Here you go:

Full Image:
    28-48_1.

1:1 of the above:
    1-1.

Full Image:
    28-48_2.

1:1 of the above:
    1-1-2.

Image that has been POST PROCESSED - NEX-7; Speedbooster; OM 28-48mm:
    _DSC0177_sm.

• Like Like x 7
  2. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    nice, like the last shot the best. my zuiko 24 f2.8 is in the mail and I cant wait hehe

• Like Like x 1
  3. John D.

Oct 7, 2013
    Many thanks for the reply!

As well - I don't have a 24mm/2.8 - so, when it comes in - please do post some shots, OK??!

My thanks, again!

- John

4. John D.

Oct 7, 2013
    Last processed image from today with this lens...

The Stairway_sm.

- John

• Like Like x 4