1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Olympus PEN Lens on full frame

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by bobbywise, Nov 7, 2013.

1. bobbywise

bobbywise TalkEmount Regular

Nov 6, 2013
    Nantes, France
    Robert Wisbey
    I have a bunch of Olympus PEN lenses, and they fully cover the APS-C sensor on my X-Pro1.
    I'm wondering if they'll full cover the FF sensor of the A7.
    My gut feeling is that they will be a the limit and not quite cover the FF sensor.
    Has anyone tried Olympus PEN lenses on a camera with a FF sensor to be able to say for sure ?

2. f/otographer

f/otographer TalkEmount Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    Dont think it will work. The original PEN lenses were for a half frame camera. But I have never tried it.

3. tkoctkoc

tkoctkoc New to TalkEmount

Nov 18, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I tried Olympus Pen half frame 100mm F3.5 on Nex 7. The images were superb and compared better or same than some other top legacy lens. IMHO.

4. uhoh7

uhoh7 TalkEmount Regular

Nov 3, 2013
    depends totally on the lens. Some, like the 42/1.2 may very well do so. We will know soon. :)

5966542429_cd54298a57_b.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HabsFan

HabsFan TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 10, 2013
    Ontario, CAN
    I would say they probably won't work well. The camera will still obviously record images but there will be a dark circle around the edge of your image that you will need to crop out. Look at the adapter, it reduces down to a smaller barrel size so my guess is it will not cover the larger sensor. If you look at SAR, they have a post on what APSC lenses would look like on the new FE cameras. I'd expect much of the same from the half frame lenses as they were designed to cover a film area that just a bit larger than APSC