1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Olympus OM 85/F2 anyone ??

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by nianys, Sep 2, 2012.

1. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    I've just come across someone selling one of those on another board and it looks GORGEOUS.
    Is anyone using this lens on their NEX ? Since I just got (yet to be delivered) an OM 50/1.8, it would make sense to go for the same family of lenses...
    If anyone can comment !?

2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
  3. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    I think it makes sense to stick to the same lens family if at all possible (if you can find a lens series that includes the 'keepers' that you really do like to use). I have ferreted various MF lenses and so I've had to buy a separate adaptor for each of them. I've also had to buy so many NEX E rear lens caps!

Another disadvantage of having so many different lenses coupled with their own respective adapters is that it adds to the bulk of carrying all these lenses in a bag... that and the fact that the wear of constant lens changing would occur on the NEX body flange. If you stick to Olympus for example, you can leave the adaptor on the body all the time, and change lenses at the adaptor flange.

Unfortunately, I'm too picky when it comes to legacy glass. The MF lenses I'm drawn to are too diverse to come from just one series... :rolleyes:

4. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    OM lenses are very nicely laid out, the aperture ring on the front is pretty handy. They have some nice glass and it's very compact (the 100/2.8 comes to mind).

5. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    I agree. I like Hexanons and have stuck with them. There are other good lenses but so far I have yet to find that OM, Rokkor, Super Takumar or what-have-you really offer me any significant advantages. I have a few other lens but keeping them in one family has its merits. That said, I do like having multiple adapters...makes it mre convenient. :p