Olympus OM 100mm f:2.8 on NEX-6

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by -et-, Mar 19, 2013.

1. -et-

-et- TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Southern California
    After playing with an Olympus 100mm f:2.8 that was loaned to me by a friend, I bought my own copy and took it out on a brief walk through Central Park on Sunday morning.

Here are a couple of shots taken then - no attempt at great art, but just snapshots taken to evaluate the lens - although I do admit to a fondness for the shot of the fisherman. Part of that may be that the reeds are still distinct in the full-size image.

I'll post couple of shots of the lens on my NEX-6 over in the thread for that. This is a SMALL 100mm lens and it would look even smaller on the NEX if the adapter were not present. The adapter makes up over 40% of the total length of the lens/adapter combination - with a 100mm lens . . .

- Tom -

Olympus 100mm-1.jpg

Olympus 100mm-2.jpg
  2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    I looked at this lens before I got my M-Rokkor 90, but decided I was going all rangefinder for my MF lenses. I may still pick one of these up later though. It's an impressive little package.
  3. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA

I love my Nikkor 105mm macro, but it is pretty big and heavy. A nice small & light legacy 100mm would be very nice to have!