1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Old paper mill relics

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Kiwi Paul, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    These relics lie along the river Don in Aberdeen.

27408905782_d099b99c3a_b.

• Like Like x 5
  2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Well captured

Sent from my SM-N920P using TalkEmount app

3. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Brilliant job!

4. Kiwi Paul

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    Thanks guys

5. sesser

sesser TalkEmount Regular

May 21, 2016
    randy
    Nice!

How do you like that Voigtlander 15? There's one for sale on FM for a decent price, but looks like there's a couple versions and I know nothing about which is better or which to avoid (if such a thing exists with this lens).

6. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    Very nice shot Paul.
    Whenever I see old equipment like this, I can't help but think about the men and machines that made it.

7. Kiwi Paul

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    I had the CV15 and now have the CV12 and sold the 15. Both lenses are excellent, I got the 12 as I preferred the even wider fov, it can create more impact I think.
    The CV15 lenses come in Mk1 , Mk2, Mk3 M mount (used with an adapter that can be bought for £12) and now an E mount version is available. The 12 comes in Mk1 and 2 M mount and an E mont version will be released soon.
    I've had the MK2 versions of both lenses and I'm totally pleased with them. They are fully manual and don't display any info back to the camera. The E mount versions are manual focus but display EXIF data to the camera but are more expensive.
    I'd really only go for the MK2 or later versions although the MK 1 is meant to be OK but I can't comment as not used one.
    LR provides lens correction (distortion and vignetting) and Sony have an App you can download to the camera for £8 that provides lens correction and EXIF data when you select the App. The lens corrections are done manually initially and the camera remembers them for that lens.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  8. sesser

sesser TalkEmount Regular

May 21, 2016
    randy
    Thanks for the info, Paul! I'm OK with manual focus I've got a few I use already. I have a 21mm, but I need to go wider. :)