Old guy new here

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by rtex42, Jun 14, 2013.

1. rtex42

rtex42 TalkEmount Regular

Jun 14, 2013
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Hello all,
    I got back into photography in July of 2012 after a 20 year absence. I was getting ready to retire and wanted to add another hobby to help fill my free time.
    I was a photographer for about 35 years (amateur and pro) until 1992 when I move and lost my studio and darkroom.
    I chose the NEX-7 because I didn't want to carry around a heavy DSLR in my dotage :D. My primary photography interest are macro, landscape and birds.
    I am also a birder and woodworker.
  2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Hey Rick, welcome to the forum, the NEX, and back to photography. :)
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Welcome and enjoy. Many of us love the NEX platform exactly because of the size.
  4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Welcome from me too :)
  5. Larry

Larry TalkEmount Regular

May 23, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    Welcome Rick from another old guy. I'm new to the forum as of about a month ago. I have been in and out of photography since high school and that was 50 years ago. I am also a woodworker, more specifically a woodturner. I read way more on this forum than write.

So hello from me and again welcome.

6. Jaf-Photo

Jaf-Photo TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    Hello, Rick!

Congratulations on your new camera. I am sure you will have a lot of fun with it. I use the same camera and after getting used to it, I always miss it a little when I use my other cameras. The size, the tilting screen and the image quality is really outstanding.