OK you Sony Nex 5n owners, jpeg out-put

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by cherrywood, Sep 27, 2011.

1. cherrywood

cherrywood New to TalkEmount

Sep 27, 2011
    Hello , being new to Sony Nex, and directed to the Sony Nex 5n owners, who also have, and and are well versed in an olympus Mu43 camera.

What are your thoughts on the OOC Jpeg's without pp, concerning , Quality of image, color, comparing both cameras, not so much with resolution as the Sony should be better, but your overall feeling of the two different camera's jpeg's.

And has the OOC jpeg's been improved with the 5N compared to the 3 or 5 first versions, for those of you who have the earlier versions of Nex.

Thanks Dennis. :eek:
  2. Armanius

Armanius TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    Houston Texas USA
    I've only had the 5N for a few days, but it seems that the JPG output might be slightly better than my NEX3. The noise at high ISO seems slightly reduced. But I'm not sure if that's a result of a better sensor or better processing engine.

The IQ of the 5N (and NEX3) is better than any m4/3 camera when it comes to high ISO IQ, especially from 1600 and upwards.
  3. cherrywood

cherrywood New to TalkEmount

Sep 27, 2011
    So Armanius, how about , in the area of asa 100-600 ,not counting the the sharpness factor of the larger sensor. Nex 5N, compared to Mu43, if you put the OOC Jpeg's of each camera(NEX5N-MU43) on your computer screen, are they similar, or is there as large a difference in the Quality of their jpegs, in this lower asa range, as compared to your stated comments in the above, 1600 asa, range and over.

Maybe express it in a percentage of quality OOC jpeg difference.?

After you have had more time to shoot the same subjects you could get back to us about any further thoughts on these issues.
    Thanks so much for your replies.