1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Ok, don't Shoot me.....

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by teefin1, Jan 6, 2013.

1. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    But I thought I'd post this anyway. Amazon.com are offering the Pentax k01 with 40mm for $314....in yellow. Pretty sweet. I only mention in this forum as I know there are legacy/focus peaking lovers here (takes all k mount lenses and m42 with small adapter) and some with multiple systems. :)

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Nice deal

3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Great price on that combo. Too bad it doesn't have either a VF or a tilting LCD. Which is why I bought the 5N instead.

4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    No reason to shoot you at all - if it feels good, do it! :cool:

5. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    I have read that there are flaws; AF and the above mentioned. I still prefer NEX personally, but it's seems a good deal, which I always like too! :)

6. christilou

christilou TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Christina
    I have one and I love it. I seem to be able to use the manual focus more easily than the NEX, perhaps because the screen is bigger and it does take excellent pictures :)

7. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    I've ordered one Christilou, for £190 odd quid there is no reason not too given the IQ and low light performance; I have a couple of M42 lenses to try. I will still get a NEX, but I enjoy hunting for a bargain!

8. christilou

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Christina
    That is cheap! I bought one when they first came out then sold it a few months later. When the price went down I bought another one, the IQ is excellent and I like the sturdy feel of it in my hands.

9. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    That was a good idea! I'm excited to receive it, but think it might be a few weeks. I don't get why amazon.com will ship certain items internationally but not others, direct from themselves. They'll ship the k01 or an RX1 but not a NEX or an OMD (obviously I don't want to buy them all, but as example :))

10. christilou

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Christina
    Amazon UK won't let me ship a camera to Slovakia even though it's in the EEC.......