Oh no lens lust strikes....now I have bad GAS!!!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Kiwi Paul, May 30, 2016.

1. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    I just stumbled across an online shop with the Voigtlander 10 and 15mm E mount lenses available and in stock in the UK :eek-30:
    I dearly love my CV12mm, but the temptation to go 2mm wider with the 10 and have the 15 as the not quite so extreme lens and sell the 12 is gnawing at me.

With selling all my m43 gear I can afford to buy them, especially if I sell the 12 too, but my head says keep the 12 and save the money, but the bit of me that thinks the 10mm would be fun says go for it.
    I could buy the 10 and just keep the 12 and forget the 15, but I think 10 and 12 are too close in focal length to have both and the 10 is too wide to have as an only ultra wide as 24-70 is my other lens.
    Why is life so hard lol :boohoo::confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    My vote is to go for it! 10mm and 15mm is a good range of difference...on both FF and APS-C. You'll have 10/15, 15/22mm FOV available on both bodies.
    If you can afford to do so, sell the 12 and give them a ride. It's not like the 12 is gone forever. If you find out that a 12 is all you need instead of 10 and 15, sell them and pick up another 12. But you won't know until you try. These CV seem to hold their value.
    Life is too short.

3. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Buy the 10mm, you'll do that anyway because you're dying to know what that's like. Then see if you want to keep the 12mm and if not, sell it off to get the 15mm. Or keep 'em all because they're different enough and fun each in their own way.

4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Not that I can afford either, but if it were me, I would keep just one uwa (find the FL you like more and keep that) and maybe use the money to buy a different use lens. I also think 10-12mm are really close to each other :)

5. Kiwi Paul

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    I think I'll resist the temptation, the 12 is fine and the 10mm is too expensive for the extra 2mm, sure I'd love the 10 and 15 but it will just stay lens lust for now.

6. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I'll applaud you when you succeed, I'm almost sure I'd fail miserably when in your shoes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dennis Koh

Dennis Koh TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 9, 2015
    I think its just a matter of time before he persuades himself that the 10 is worth getting and all the cons of the 12 starts surfacing.

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

8. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    At which time, Paul will sell me the 12 at a bargain price just to get rid of such a worthless piece of glass. :thumbsup:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Kiwi Paul

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    Never say never I guess but at the moment I'm resisting temptation.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. soeren

soeren TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 12, 2014
    Næstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.
    Those hyperwides may be what lures me into the Sony FF world.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Kiwi Paul

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    lol, no the 12mm is fine, the 10mm costs UK£799 for the E mount and £699 for the M mount which is too much to pay for a lens like that when I already have the 12mm, it's not affordability just sensibility, sometimes my head does rule my heart lol.
    However I did just by a used (but as new and still with warranty) 16-35 lens for a good price on TP to compliment the 12 and 24-70.
    I'm selling all my m43 gear so decided I can justify buying the 16-35 as it's a lens that really will get a lot of use from me.
    I'm going to be selling my Sony 28 /2 and Canon EF100 /2 as well as these no longer get used.

• Like Like x 1
  12. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Good call IMHO. And it probably relieves you of some lust for the Voigtländer 15mm :).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kiwi Paul

Feb 14, 2016
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Paul
    Yes it will but I was only going to get the 15 if I got the 10 and sold the 12.