1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Oh **** Ive pulled a Nianys!

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by teefin1, Feb 8, 2013.

1. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    I was watching a body only Nex 7 on Ebay, and the price didnt seem to move all day. You know when you think....last minute all hell will break loose. Er, it didn't. I am now the proud winner of said item for £510. Is that good? The seller has 100% positive feedback and says the body is in pristine condition, screen protector and all.....i'm scared now. I like the cutesy C3, but the 7 is, well....the NEX 7. :hail:

2. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    Oh Good Lord...I'd better get looking or I'm gonna be left behind.

3. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Woo hoo, way to go Tracy !!!!

4. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    Never. You're the Super Mod :cool:

5. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    Thanks Claire. Does that seem a reasonable price? we will have to scrap the C3 mummy club, in favour of the NEX 7 yummy-mummy club (if I actually like this copy, arrgh!) :p

6. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    Pulling a Nianys!...I think we need to add that to the TalkNEX lexicon

7. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Yummy-Mummy, sounds just like us. Looks like we deserve NEX 7's ;)
    I can't tell about the price, not knowing the UK market, but that sounds pretty sweet if it's pristine. Just to brag a bit once lenses are sold mine will end up costing me about 520€, but it's not in perfect condition...

8. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Congratz! The NEX-7 is imho still the best NEX ever made - and if it's just for the awesome 24 MP sensor, the Tri-Navi and the AF/MF-button.

Too bad I still have to save up for my next two lenses, so I'm not gonna be able to get a NEX-7 anytime soon ... ;(

9. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    First time my pseudo actually becomes a generic name, lol. I guess I shoud be flattered, even it that means Crazy unpredictable Camera Impulse Buy ;)

10. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    The EU version of pulling a Monica. :friends:

11. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    I wouldn't say crazy..."mercurial" might be a better word. TalkNEX wouldn't be the same without you. You are a fearless pioneer and jump in with both feet, hands, head and heart. It's what makes you...you.

12. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    Yay, there are certain personalities that make this board what it is, you, Claire, are definitely one of the few.

13. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Haha :D

And congrats Tracy!!!
    Although I "hate" you, cause I can't afford one, lol J/K :p

I think £510 is a good price (I've been watching ebay.co.uk and looks like around that price is the lowest they sell for)

14. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    Thanks Nick, I'll be interested to see if it's condition is as described, and if the Peaking is better than my original copy.

15. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Thanks for the kind words all :) Let's say I can be fearless in buying expensive camera equipment, which is VERY much a paradox, because I often agonize for entire minutes over a 1,50€ pack of yogurts while grocery shopping (the Gemini in me, probably...). Having an extensive experience in reselling unwanted stuff does help to be bold.
    Regarding the pillars of this community, I think most of them (us) might have a little more computer time on our hands, which helps us contributing a tad more. Anyway it's cool to be part of the club ;)
    Nick don't worry, the 7 prices are coming down pretty steadily now, and as soon as the new version is announced in a few weeks, they're really gonna crash...

16. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Those bad things always happen when spending to much time in the bay... :)

17. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    Youre right Markus, I get my credit card in trouble doing silly things like this recently. Up until this camera (read Nex) fascination ive always been very cautious about buying things.

18. Aslondon

Aslondon TalkEmount Rookie

Jun 12, 2012
    Florida Panhandle
    Al
    I bought my 7 kit used but complete in box in perfect/pristine condiditon truly barely used for about 725 USD not sure how that compares to euros. I just did the conversion, you got a great deal.

Al

19. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    I'm excited to get it now. I've had a good day; I sold my C3 and my mum came to visit, bringing a new laptop! I'm smiling :D

20. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    Score!!!