Object-limitation in posts...

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Tymoe, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Tymoe

Tymoe TalkEmount Regular

Aug 24, 2011
    Hey there :)

I don't like the limitation of objects (I mean Smileys, pictures, links,..) here in the forum. It makes the use of thumbnails way harder, I think. Or am I doing something wrong? If not, I would like to see a higher limit ;)

2. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    Not quite sure what you mean. Can you elaborate?

3. Tymoe

Tymoe TalkEmount Regular

Aug 24, 2011
    I postet a Thread containing about two smileys and four pictures (thumbnails) which were linked to the photos in original size. As I tried to send the post, the board told me something like "there are too many images (smileys, img-tags, ..). notice the limitation of six" or something like that... I had to split the whole post into two and everything was okay.
    Because of this limitation it seems impossible to use several pictures and smileys together... do we need such a strict limitation as most users have pretty fast connections these days?

4. Tymoe

Tymoe TalkEmount Regular

Aug 24, 2011
    okay just simulated it. the error message is the following:

5. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    Got it. I've never come across this before myself. I'm afraid it will have to wait for Amin to look at since he's the only one with authority to deal with technical matters (and the only one who knows how it works:))

To delete a post, go to the post in question and click on Edit Post in the menu at the bottom of the post. You will have a Delete option in there.

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    This limit on images per post has been fixed. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!