Oak Park, IL Walk About

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by LuvMusic, Jun 8, 2013.

1. LuvMusic

LuvMusic TalkEmount Regular

Dec 11, 2012
    Chicago area
    So, I'm blessed to be able to live in Oak Park, IL, the home of Frank Lloyd Wright. There are more of his homes here than in any other single location in the world, provides a photo rich environment. I suspect I am like many who live here who see this great work everyday and take it for granted.

The other morning I got my lazy butt out of bed, grabbed my camera and went on the morning dog walk with my wife. A few shots from the stroll. I hope you enjoy.

DSC00780_zps7376388f.

DSC00781_zps5390e522.

DSC00783_zps59580394.

DSC00788_zpsc6cbeb7e.

DSC00789_zps515ad126.

DSC00796_zpscddaefd8.

DSC00797_zps8c8a2f1c.

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Lucky. I have several books about his work.

Phoenix also has several buildings designed by him.

3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Love his architecture, hate his mostly dark interiors. But wow! What a talent.

4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    I grew up in the North 'burbs & I definitely remember those Frank Lloyd Wright houses! :cool:

5. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Wow, that's like living in a museum! Apparently you've got great photo opportunities there.

6. LuvMusic

LuvMusic TalkEmount Regular

Dec 11, 2012
    Chicago area
    Thanks for the replies.

Yes, it is like living in a museum and it becomes so easy not to see the beauty and history that is all around me. That's why I have made a promise to my self to do more of these walk arounds. The houses pictured here are just a taste, there are many more in my 'hood. Not all are Wright's but they are just as beautiful and as significant.

In fact, my wife is a docent for the Wright Foundation and one of the items on the list is to get some interior pics.