• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Now then!

Electric Shepherd

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Ben
Hi everybody!

Thought I'd check in as a soon to be fellow Nex user.

I thought they looked intriguing when they were first released but didn't really think I needed one as I was quite happy lugging my D300 and assorted kit around with me. However, as the owner of too many cameras[!] I have a lot of legacy glass in FD, M42, M39 and Praktica B mounts, and whilst I still like playing with film, I started looking out for a digital solution for them and the Nex system seems to really fit the bill.

Following an eBay raid then, I've got the 18-55 kit lens with hood and flash sitting in front of me with a Nex 3 due to arrive in the next day or two. I've also stumped up for a Sigma 30mm f/2.8 and adapters for my legacy lenses.

Can't wait to put them all through their paces!

Cheers,
Ben

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
welcome mate, never too late to take the path of the nex, we would like your sharing us some photos with legacy lenses...

Electric Shepherd

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Ben
Thanks again guys. The body, flash, 18-55 and Siggy are all now here, just waiting on the adapters. Initial impressions with the Sigma are looking very promising!

Latest posts

Top Bottom