• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Now that you know the new lenses ... which one will you (really) buy?

Tymoe

TalkEmount Regular
Which Lense are you going to buy and why? Which Lenses do you already have? What do you think about the announced prices?

I, for example, bought the NEX-5 with the 18-55mm Kit. Now I can't wait to hold the 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 in my hands! I think this one will be the right lense to complement my beginner-equipment, especially because of the damn low price! Furthermore, the combination of those two glasses (to my mind) is more convenient and cheaper than the 18-200mm!

Are there people interested in the Zeiss 24mm, as well?

Armanius

TalkEmount Regular
Interested in the two new primes (Zeiss and 50mm) and the telephoto. The macro that was announced last month doesn't tickle me at all.

olli

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
olli
My requirements are simple - a fast standard zoom, a wide angle zoom and perhaps some wide angle primes. The only one of the current releases that fits my needs is the 24 and its far more than I'm prepared to pay so I don't think I'll be getting any of these.

Travisennis

TalkEmount Veteran
The Zeiss would be very nice to have, but unfortunately I don't think I would pay that price. At least not at this time. If I did spend any money on today's announcements it would be for the NEX-7. The NEX-7 and the Zeiss would be an amazing combo, but the total sum would be out of my league.

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
None, I have the 18-55mm stock lens and have already filled out my arsenal with three manual focus lenses.

I am glad however that many more lenses are with even more soon, too bad some are so darn expensive.

Tymoe

TalkEmount Regular
The guys from photographyblog.com took some photos with the new zeiss 24mm and the 55-210mm!

Carl Zeiss 24mm
Sony E 55-210mm

I think the Zeiss is stunning (what else to expect from such an expensive piece of glass?)
How do you assess the tele's pics?

pphandoko

New to TalkEmount
I will definitely buy the 50mm and cz 24mm.
No matter what price it is, because I think, Sony's wise enough in pricing.
Unlike some other brands, crazily over-pricing their gears!

Anyway, I really need the 24mm for street photography.
It's equivalent to 35mm when we put it into NEX, right? Just PERFECT!
The 50mm will be used for portraiture candid shots.

teshi

TalkEmount Rookie
I rather pick up the new LA-EA2 and then Alpha lenses since more flexibility with lenses. Still too early to say. Not had a chance with the new lenses other than the 24 1.8 yet so hard to say...

Alowisney

TalkEmount Regular
I'm going to try to save up for the Zeiss because I like that focal length and the samples from it look amazing.

Henry Peach

TalkEmount Rookie
I have the regular zoom and 16mm. I want a fast, normal prime (30ish mm). I'd probably go with a 24mm f/1.8, but I'll wait for someone else to offer one for a more reasonable price.

macjim

TalkEmount Regular
For now I'll stick with the 16mm and the 18-55mm stock lenses but the priority is to learn how to get the beat out of this new camera set up first, then get the viewfinder and then better lenses such as the new sony prime lenses.

Cheers, Macjim.

WT21

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I agree with Olli. If they released a nice, fast 35, that'd be a different story. It doesn't have to be a pancake, either, IMO.

epcot_boy

New to TalkEmount
I will probably stick with 18-55mm kit lens until I really get to understand the camera and then go for the sony prime.

Rich

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Sony lenses, none.

Definitely in the market for anything that Sigma come out with though.

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro
Heh this poll needs to be redone with the new line-up:

Sony E 10-18mm f4.0 OSS
Sony E 16-50mm f3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
Sony E 35mm f1.8 OSS

Zeiss 12mm f2.8
Zeiss 32mm f1.8
Zeiss 50mm f2.8 macro

Samyang 8mm T3.8 cine
Samyang 14mm T3.1 cine
Samyang 24mm T1.5 cine
Samyang 35mm T1.5 cine
Samyang 85mm T1.5 cine

garethwi

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Gareth
I won't buy anything because I have the 50mm and the 55-210mm and the Zeiss is way out of my price range.

Ad Dieleman

Amateur
It's only 4 days now that I have experience with the NEX-6, but I already have an opinion :). The AF is useless to a degree that I hesitate to spend any money on native lenses if there is a legacy alternative, unless I really need OSS. Hence my vote for I won't buy anything. Of course I may change my mind later...

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
It's only 4 days now that I have experience with the NEX-6, but I already have an opinion :). The AF is useless to a degree that I hesitate to spend any money on native lenses if there is a legacy alternative, unless I really need OSS. Hence my vote for I won't buy anything. Of course I may change my mind later...

Useless? I have a 'classic' NEX-5 which should be worse than the NEX-6 and I'm quite happy with the AF performance! The 7 already felt much snappier when I tried it, so I expect the 6 to be more than fast enough.

Ad Dieleman

Amateur
Useless? I have a 'classic' NEX-5 which should be worse than the NEX-6 and I'm quite happy with the AF performance! The 7 already felt much snappier when I tried it, so I expect the 6 to be more than fast enough.
Well, I also use µ4/3 cameras, notably the GH2 and that is way faster than the NEX-6. I used the Sigma 19/2.8 on the NEX-6 and AF simply got in the way, I think next time I'll switch to MF and prefocus, which is a viable approach for a moderate wide-angle.

Latest threads

Top Bottom