1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Noticed the NEX-7 has just had a price drop of $100 here:

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by roundball, Nov 22, 2013.

1. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
  2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Do you normally hijack other member's threads or did you just not grasp that my thread was about the NEX-7 ??

3. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    As such a thread usually doesn't get much response, and as it's a thread about getting NEX-cameras cheaper, I don't see something wrong with serhans post. It's not like you spent hours writing a complete guide on how to buy the NEX-7 cheap now ...

4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Way I see it is that this is NOT a paid advertising thread, so IMHO sehran post is not hijacking at all...
    You provided a link for a good deal on a Nex camera, sehran did the same ;)

Keep it civil guys :)
    https://www.talkemount.com/showthread.php?t=1

5. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    My interest was trying to get a thread started on possible declining prices on the NEX-7, as opposed to a general listing of various camera prices...if my reply was thought to be too firm, then I'll own it, thanks

6. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    NEX-7 prices decline for a year now, nothing new.

7. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    What is new are recent declines...and the locations where those declines are starting to show up.

8. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    I followed the prices very closely this year, and from €890 in january to €740 now the decline was pretty consistent. Don't know about other parts of the world though.

9. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Making any judgments about price trends this close to Black Friday isn't really objective :)

10. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Black Friday is a typically American phenomenon, in The Netherlands we don't know anything like that, and I guess it's the same in the other European countries.

11. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    It struck me as a pretty significant price drop from only 2-3 weeks ago...they were $939 at the link I posed (Gadget Circuit, New Jersey, US).
    I wouldn't have thought such a price big drop would have been offered just for our so called Black Friday sale...was hoping to get a few comparative price checks to see if it was a wide spread product oriented drop.