1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Not enough memory left on card

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Gunny, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Gunny

Gunny TalkEmount Regular

Sep 12, 2013
    Verona, VA
    I have an NEX-6 and 3 64GB SD cards, 2 new Sony cards and one and older ScanDisc. While out on backpacking trips, I will be shooting, then get a message that there is "Not enough memory left on card" once with 75 photo's taken, just this last week 624 photos. That card was new, formated in the camera and it's first use. Has anyone else had issues with this? I contacted Sony and they told me to format the cards in the camera and re-initalize the camera itself to default.

2. OldNoob

OldNoob TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    That IS odd.. You by chance didn't upgrade your firmware prior to this happening did you?

3. Gunny

Gunny TalkEmount Regular

Sep 12, 2013
    Verona, VA
    No, but was wondering if this was a known problem and I missed an update. The reply from Sony Product Support did not give me the feeling that the problem would be solved by reformatting.

4. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    I haven't had that happen...am only offering an observation that it sure sounds like a flakey SD card if it only happens with that one new card.

Might be a marginal connection when its plugged into the socket...might try scrubbing / cleaning the card's contacts with alcohol on a clean washcloth, let it dry good, then see how it goes.

5. Gunny

Gunny TalkEmount Regular

Sep 12, 2013
    Verona, VA
    No, it has happen on one new card and the older ScanDisk card, that is why I just bought the 2 new Sony cards.

6. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Misunderstood...thought it was just the new card

7. rdfisch

rdfisch TalkEmount Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Rick
    Did you ever get to the bottom of this ?

8. Gunny

Gunny TalkEmount Regular

Sep 12, 2013
    Verona, VA
    So far I figured out that if I make another folder, I haven't had a problem. I have not been out for an entire week yet without downloading and cleaning up the card, but so far, that seems to help.

9. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    If you had just bought these off ebay or ali-express, I'd suspect them to be counterfeits. There are fake SD cards claiming high capacity but actually are 1-4 Gig cards with a hacked controller chip.
    A lot of fake Samsung, Sandisk, etc. cards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gunny

Gunny TalkEmount Regular

Sep 12, 2013
    Verona, VA
    Scandisk was purchased at Best Buy, Sony's off Amazon.