• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Not a bird photographer, but quite happy with this :-)

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
It makes me happy too! :)

If you want to further isolate the background from the pigeon, shoot at the widest aperture. That should give you a shallower depth of field to throw the background out of focus.

markoneswift

TalkEmount Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It makes me happy too! :)

If you want to further isolate the background from the pigeon, shoot at the widest aperture. That should give you a shallower depth of field to throw the background out of focus.
Thanks for the tip - this was at a fairly wide aperture ( I don't use the widest of F/4 due to lack of sharpness ) but the bird was almost against the background anyway ( about six inches away ) so the chances of getting it to defocus were pretty slim. If there had been more distance between subject and background, it would have thrown out quite nicely.

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
Thanks for the tip - this was at a fairly wide aperture ( I don't use the widest of F/4 due to lack of sharpness ) but the bird was almost against the background anyway ( about six inches away ) so the chances of getting it to defocus were pretty slim. If there had been more distance between subject and background, it would have thrown out quite nicely.
Yehaaa ,Good point Dioptrick, you dont miss anything.... well it was a great catch anyway, : O I have the Vivitar 55-210mm f3.5 and it feels very heavyso I don't need OSS, similar to yours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom