1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Noobtastic!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Yves Gajardo, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Yves Gajardo

Yves Gajardo TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Pittsburg, CA
    Yves
    Hi guys/gals! Apparently I signed up in 2011 because I wanted to get a NEX 7. That didn't happen and I went through many systems. I just recently let go of my mu4/3 gear and have finally decided to grab myself an NEX 6. I'll be using legacy glass with it. I'm also interested in the A7/r but that can wait for now. I've been lurking and so far gathered a lot of useful information about the NEX system. Hope to stick around for a long while! :biggrin:

Cheers!

Yves Gajardo

• Like Like x 3
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Welcome, Yves. Let's see some photos from your NEX-6, when you get the chance.

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Welcome from a fellow NEX-6 owner.

4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Yup, the 6 is a great value for money camera and can be found at very good prices nowadays with the hype over the A7/R - Welcome ;)

5. Yves Gajardo

Aug 7, 2011
    Pittsburg, CA
    Yves
    Thanks for the welcome!

6. Yves Gajardo

Aug 7, 2011
    Pittsburg, CA
    Yves
    I just received my 6 yesterday and took a couple shots of the camera I was using previously. I'll post it here. I must say, for my first initial impressions, I think this system fits me waaay better than any of the other systems I've used. After about 10 minutes of playing with the camera I've already set it up the way I like.

ISO 6400 at 1/30 handheld. I used a MD Vivitar 24mm f2.8. I'm hoping to go out this weekend to really test out the camera! :D

12535342275_26f40d6760_b.
    _DSC0044-Edit.jpg by yvesgajardo, on Flickr

• Like Like x 2
  7. NkedFatWhiteGuy

NkedFatWhiteGuy TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Portland, Oregon
    Nice X20!!!

I got my NEX6 in October, and had bought my X20 back in March. I am very interested to hear about your experiences with you 6 and how/if you continue to use the X20! I am still finding that my X20 is with me way more often than my 6...