1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nokia Lumia 1020

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Poki, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    You probably heard of it by now (if not, links are below) - it's Nokias second "true" PureView phone with a completely new 1/1.5" 41 MP sensor. As I say - you never can have too many megapixels, and the 1020 really puts out amazing images with its f/2.2 Carl Zeiss lens. Dynamic range seems very impressive, and the photos are pretty sharp - maybe not up to 100%, but more than sharp enough at pretty big sizes.

Would you want to buy one?

Links:
    Nokia Lumia 1020 | PhotographyBLOG
    Official Nokia Lumia 1020 Sample Images | PhotographyBLOG

2. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Thinking about it! Long time Nokia fan, but seems hard to justify since i take my nex with everywhere anyway

3. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
  4. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Very impressive, for a camera phone. But first, my camera phone has to be a phone, and second, a device connected to the Internet. The camera function is of little value to me if the first two, and the OS aren't satisfactory. So I'm not tempted.

5. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    If the new iphone has anywhere near that kind of camera that would be awesome.

Really surprised apple hasn't tried the camera market yet.

A digital hipstamatic camera with downloadable filters would be pretty neat for a gimmick. I wouldn't make it anything over 8 or 10 mp though. Keep it low cost. Even at 99.00 and just charge for filters.

Edit: drunken rant.
    I do not agree with what I said last night.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkNEX mobile app