1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

No colors anymore

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by marcin wuu, Sep 14, 2015.

1. marcin wuu

marcin wuu TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 6, 2015
    dv0JtB.

By the way, I find it interesting how few people post their portraiture here. Is it because not many people use emounts for their portrait work? Hmm?

• Like Like x 4
  2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Can only speak for myself, and that's because "portrait" type shots are something I don't currently have an interest in...preferring outdoors / nature / wildlife photography as my main areas of interest.

3. Pitter

Pitter TalkEmount Veteran

Some of us like myself just take whatever we like with our Sony e-mount cameras...

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    I don't have a home studio, nor take for paid photos, so my portrait shots are usually more candids.

Keep sharing.

5. southy

southy TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Australia
    I do enjoy viewing your portrait work (not only for the subject matter) but for me, photography is a hobby I use as a bit of self meditation/stress relief so I'm usually trying to get away from people when I'm out with a camera.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    When I do something like a portrait, it's usually showing one of my family members and they don't want me to put up the picture on a public place, and I respect that of course. And that's just as well because my portraiture isn't really that sophisticated :). Apart from that I hardly ever include people in pictures simply to avoid hostile reactions.

• Like Like x 1
  7. robbie36

robbie36 TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 21, 2014
    Well I have a section devoted to 'portraits' in my website below. However, I would agree that a lot of what I do portrait wise is pretty personal and is not the stuff I show here (and generally that people would be interested in).

• Like Like x 1
  8. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    I don't take any portraits because I'm no damn good at it. :laugh1:

• Like Like x 2
  9. marcin wuu

marcin wuu TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 6, 2015
    I'm sorry. I didn't mean to pick on anyone. It's just that I hardly put the camera to the eye if there's no human in front of it. Must be a filter bubble.

10. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    We all have those things that interest us.

11. christilou

christilou TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Christina
    16556111367_8d781031da_o. She...... by christilou1, on Flickr

I tend to photograph people/animals mostly, landscape and such like only on a trip or at an event. I don't know the first thing about studio shots so mine tend to be very much on the amateur side :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. christilou

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Christina
    [​IMG]Nick by christilou1, on Flickr

One of my first shots with the A7RII, my son in law upgrading my Mac with the DNG converter (I discovered LR 6 still didn't support the new RAW from Sony!)

• Like Like x 1
  13. robbie36

Nov 21, 2014
    ?????????????????

14. christilou

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Christina
    I upgraded to LR6, found I need to get a DNG converter as it still didn't read the A7RII files. My son in law found a newer version of LR to download for me (6.1.1) Why it didn't let me have the latest one first off I don't know, I paid and downloaded directly from Adobe....... is that what you're querying?

15. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    I enjoying viewing portraits, and studying the technique that goes into creating a good one. I don't have the experience nor the equipment for studio shots. But I do prefer natural lighting. One day, if I can convince someone to be my model for a day. ;)
    Only portraits so far have been street photography candids, or family events.

This gal caught me taking her photo, but flashed me a smile afterwards.

15809815035_05f7e9abb9_h. California Dreaming by wNG 555, on Flickr

• Like Like x 3
  16. robbie36

Nov 21, 2014
    Yes, basically.

Lightroom 6.1.1 with Sony A7rii support was released on the 29th July. The first shipments of consumer A7rii were about August 5th. So there shouldnt be any reason under normal circumstances to use LR6 with a DNG converter.