• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Nikon D7100 announced!!!

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
We'd better all learn to pronounce the word "moiré" ;)

Not because it's gonna be any particular issue, but because DPR psychos will agonize on it for hours on end, lol.
I'll take a D600 instead, thanks !

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Funny they didn't follow Pentax's example and release two versions- one with and one without an AA filter.

Frank Teurlings

TalkEmount Regular
For the Nex 6 i had various Nikon's. The D7000 as the last for the Nex 6. I must say that I still have a little Nikon blood flows through my veins and there is a bit warm.

Mattithjah

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Matěj
As a Nikon fan I must say that 24MP is nonsence on crop sensor (for difraction limit), 51 points AF is superb, 7 fps only in 1,3 crop mode (crop of crop :D )... haha..

Why didn´t Nikon maintain body and AF of D700 + new sensor of D600? Or at least AF of D700 in D600 body + sensor? D600s AF points are too concentrated in the centre!

51 points AF modul in D7100 body suggest, that there won´t be PRO-DX model in future (like D400)...

With my old D90 I´m not interested in D7100... For my purposes D7100 is same/worst as/than D90 (except AF modul!) I´m waiting (saving) for some FF (and LENSES!)

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
I still have a D90 and it's a pretty wonderful camera in its own right. If I were to get a DLSR again, ANY DSLR at all, it'd be a D600. My most loved camera ever was the D600, and they put that in a smaller body, which is perfect. When they get cheaper within two years I might pick one up, if mirrorless hasn't caught up with FF *and* fast AF in the meantime.

Mattithjah

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Matěj
I still have a D90 and it's a pretty wonderful camera in its own right. If I were to get a DLSR again, ANY DSLR at all, it'd be a D600. My most loved camera ever was the D600, and they put that in a smaller body, which is perfect. When they get cheaper within two years I might pick one up, if mirrorless hasn't caught up with FF *and* fast AF in the meantime.

You mean your most loved camera ever was the D700, wasn´t it?

Otherwise, my words...
Except body (size of D700 is ideal for mans hand - but not for women)
Except AF of D600...
If the D600 will be cheaper (1500$ in Czech Republic) and if Nikon will improve problems with mess on sensor, I will buy one new D600, despite its shortcomings...

teefin1

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Aren't there reported issues with dust on the sensor of the d600? Think I read that somewhere. I like the a99, bit more money than Nikon but with the full time live view and EVF......or pentax 645d......dreaming :)

Nubster

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Chad
If I were to go FF it would be the D800 for sure, but I'm not really interested in FF. People want to pick out flaws on every camera that hits the market but truth be told, the D7100 will blow anything DX out of the water and probably some low end FX too.

Frank Teurlings

TalkEmount Regular

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro
The first runs of ANY new product are likely to have a much higher fault rate than later runs. That's because the common flaws that arise during manufacturing aren't known at this point and get past QA. But subsequent runs will have these flaws reported and the QA will be on the look out for this. This works for any brand of any consumer product - Sony, Nikon, Toshiba, etc. The dust-on-sensor problem is almost guaranteed to be no longer an issue because it's been so heavily reported. Same for NEX clicking for example, that affected early models. 99% of DPR naysayers who say they won't buy product X because of a fault some people reported on early runs don't understand this fact of production.

My brother used to work in Olympus and he had the same problem in his division (he was working on ... barcode scanners ... I wish he was still there to get me a budget OMD on corporate discount :p)

Latest threads

Top Bottom