Nikon Adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Dennis Koh, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Dennis Koh

Dennis Koh TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 9, 2015
    What would be a cheap and nice adapter for use with my Nikon 50mm f1.8 G lens on the A7II? This is a rather cheap lens but I like the quality of the image it produces.

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  3. Dennis Koh

Aug 9, 2015
    Thanks Amin. I saw a word DX in the title. Any problem when using on a full frame?

4. Dennis Koh

Aug 9, 2015
    Somebody offered to buy my Nikon lens. I guess I will just let it go and build up on my FE lenses. Thank you for your recommendation.

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    @Dennis Koh@Dennis Koh - Sorry I missed the "DX". I can't think of any reason it would be problematic on full frame, but I can't say for sure.

I think the Sony 55/1.8 and Nikon 50/1.8G actually have very similar character. The Sony is an even better lens as one would expect for the price. If you like the Nikon, you'll definitely like the Sony!

6. Dennis Koh

Aug 9, 2015
    Thanks @Amin.

7. slothead

slothead TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 1, 2015
    Maryland
    Tom
    I think my Nikkor adapters are all Fotasy too (but I might have a Fotodiox also - and maybe one other brand device). They all seem to work moderately well for me, although I sure wish there were auto types. I don't mind manually focusing, but it takes more time than a quick shot would need.

• Like Like x 1