Nikkor-N 24/2.8

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by dixeyk, Nov 22, 2017.

1. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    38592508401_0a4512a848_b.
    puddliage
    by kevin dixey, on Flickr

I picked it up on a whim and I am really glad I did. It's far and away my favorite adapted 24mm lens. Usually I haven't really been fond of the various 24's I've had (Konica, Olympus, Minolta snd Canon). They've all been fine lenses but I just never really found myself wanting to use them all that much. For whatever reason I really enjoy using the Nikkor.

• Like Like x 4
  2. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 17, 2015
    I've got an N-C version of it. I'll have to dig it out and give more time 'on camera'.

3. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    I find that focus peaking with the Nikkor is a bit faster and more accurate than with some of my other lenses. it also has a nice old-school look to it that I like.

4. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    DSC01717 (Large).JPG The older I get the less I rely on focus peaking and more on the focus magnification to obtain good focus.
    Quickie photo of our family room mantle with it on the A7ii. No tripod, no setup, just walk in and take a pic.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    looking pretty festive there :2thumbs:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  6. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    I've discovered that my version doesn't get sharp across the image until stopped down some. Oh well, no one ever looks at my pictures of family gatherings anyways.

7. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
  8. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    The 24 does night time....

DSC01798 (Large).JPG

• Like Like x 6
  9. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 2:45 AM
    • Like Like x 5
  10. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    I’m constantly surprised at how much I like the Nikkor 24. It’s a little more compact than other 24’s I’ve had (OM 24/2.8 excluded) has a really nice OOF rendering, is reasonably sharp and seems to be more contrasty...I can’t complain really.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
  12. bobbill

bobbill TalkEmount Rookie

Oct 27, 2017
    Always on Auto...makes some very decent observations...got me thinking...when I deal with family, I use my small waterproof Lumix...no one really looks close anyway...and to carry one more step, I do not review pics of pets, kids, etc...or anything like them; especially those which might attempt to make statements...the fact some pics are made of only subjects available.

I guess that my photos are very conservative, a hold over from film days when reloading was a PIA...I am careful to not shoot gratuitously. I know it makes for slow learning curve. Must be me genes. If all that makes sense.

Must add, Kevin's (if I can use firs name.) BW pics fascinate the heck out of me. (Nikkor 24mm, 2.8 got me looking and thinking with some envy.)

Snaps are snaps and I use ps equipment...art is art...though most of what we do is snap stuff. Life is good...be well.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017 at 8:03 AM