Nik Collection is back

izTheViz

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Yannis Marigo
Hey,

Just received an update from DxO saying the Nik Collection is back.
They now sell it with for a promotional price of 49€ until July 1st.
Honestly I don’t see any difference with the original version or any reason why I should pay for it now.
Looks to be pretty much the same thing. What’s the point ?

addieleman

Passionate amateur
Real Name
Ad Dieleman
As far as I can see it, it essentially offers roughly the same as before but now you can be relatively sure that DxO will actively support it for the near future because they've taken your money.

I have the Nik collection installed on my computers for years and years and hardly ever use it because I feel I can do the same in Lightroom and Photoshop, especially now that you can make your own profiles for Camera Raw from LUT tables in Photoshop, very cool and a feature I have to explore much more than I did up to now. Even Silver Efex doesn't do it for me although it has a lot of built-in presets for film etc.: I invariably end up doing the B&W conversion in Lightroom, emulate filters by dragging the color sliders and add grain and vignetting to taste. So I'm going to pass this time.

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
I'm passing as well. I'm satisfied with the previous free version released by google.

firemist

TalkEmount Veteran
Well, one reason to update is because the old (Nik & Google) Plug-Ins are 32-bit not 64-bit so they won't work for much longer as Apple and MS update their operating systems. The old stand-alone programs are 64-bit, but not the Plug-Ins.

I understand if you do purchase from DxO, the new download over-writes your old installation, just something to be aware of.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom