1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nightshoot testing the 14mm Samyang.

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by iNdepthphoto, Apr 2, 2016.

1. iNdepthphoto

iNdepthphoto TalkEmount Rookie

Mar 12, 2016
    London
    Gi
    One of my favourite locations to shoot at night is around London's Canary Wharf.
    After reading many bad, good to excellent reviews on the Samyang 14mm I decided buy one as it was so cheap.
    Firstly I'm amazed at how good this 14mm prime lens is, and at £275 it's a no brainer buy!
    The down side to some maybe that is manual focus, and another thing is the serious distortion (Not talking vertical) but there is a Lightroom profile that straightens the photo out perfectly.
    Overall I have to say it's tack sharp lens if you focus correctly using zoom and focus peaking.
    Here's a sample :
    13 secs - f/9 - 11 I can't recall - iso100 - 1st April 2016

DSC00012-Wharf-1.

www.indepthphoto.com

• Like Like x 13
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Beautiful capture!

• Like Like x 1
  3. pdk42

pdk42 TalkEmount Regular

Nov 26, 2014
    Yes, it's a nice lens. I had one back when I ran a 5dii. That moustache distortion wasn't easy to correct though - is there now a Lighroom preset? I need a lens in this focal length for my new A7rii but I'm leaning more towards the Voigtlander since it's smaller and I can probably live without f2.8.

Very nice image BTW.

• Like Like x 1
  4. iNdepthphoto

iNdepthphoto TalkEmount Rookie

Mar 12, 2016
    London
    Gi
    There are many profiles for the Samyang 14mm in LR for Sony, Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, Olympus... and a few more.